A kitchen is a place where you can showcase your culinary skills.
To inspire yourself, you need a beautiful and functional kitchen. Though everything is important in the kitchen, the most used is the sink that people pay less attention to than the rest of the appliances.
Therefore, the single bowl kitchen sink you choose must complement the aesthetics of your cooking space while also being practical. Wouldn’t you agree?
Several factors such as size, construction material, dimensions, and mounting style may help you choose the best one for your kitchen.
But at times, it can be difficult due to so many options in the market. Thus, to help you, we have thoroughly researched and compiled a list of our best single bowl kitchen sinks to help you choose the perfect kitchen sink for your needs!
Benefits of using a Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Here are some benefits of single bowl kitchen sinks:
- Larger workspace for rinsing dishes.
- Very simple yet highly functional.
- Easy to clean as compared to double bowl and triple bowl sinks.
- Refines the beauty of your kitchen.
How to Choose The Best Single Bowl Kitchen Sink?
We have mentioned a few factors that you should consider before purchasing the best single bowl kitchen sink:
1. Mounting Style – A Kitchen Sink can be categorized into two types based upon how it can be mounted onto your countertop.
- Undermount: A Undermount kitchen sink is mounted onto your kitchen countertop from below. Not only does this style look better, but it also makes it easier to clean residue from your counter into the sink. However, this style comes with its disadvantages as well. Undermount kitchen sinks cost more and cannot be modified easily. Moreover, this style is quite difficult to install too.
- Topmount: Also known as the ‘drop-in’ kitchen sink, the Topmount kitchen sink is one which you place onto your counter. Topmount sinks are much cheaper and can be replaced easily as well. Additionally, it also prevents you from chipping the edges of your counter. However, while cleaning, residue gets caught at the edges of the sink. Topmount sinks are much bulkier and can be easily installed as well.
2. Material – One of the most important factors while choosing a kitchen sink is the material you go for. Not only does the material determine the product’s durability, but it also determines the color and how well it complements your kitchen.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is a very versatile material and is the most common material used for building kitchen sinks. You can find stainless steel kitchen sinks in every type of kitchen, ranging from an industrial design kitchen to a modern, minimalist kitchen. This material is strong, anti-corrosive and, stain-resistant. However, it does make a loud noise when water falls onto it.
- Composite Granite: Composite Granite is another fan favorite when it comes it building kitchen sinks. Not only does it have an aesthetic look, but it is also very durable and resistant to corrosion and stains.
- Fireclay: Fireclay sinks are a version of the popular ceramic sink. Rather than being carved, these sinks are folded at very high temperatures. These sinks are very simple and are perfect for minimalist kitchens. Additionally, they are durable and resistant to chipping. The biggest disadvantage of a fireclay sink is that it can break relatively easily.
- Copper: The fanciest option to the lot, a copper sink is perfect for you if you have a very decorative side. Its unique brown color gives a kitchen a more rustic look. The brown color also evolves with time which makes the copper sink very special.
3. Sink Size – The size of your kitchen sink depends on the size of your kitchen. You can’t have an overtly large sink for a tiny kitchen, or vice versa. Kitchen sinks come in several sizes, with some of the smallest sinks being 7 inches in width. Large triple-bowl sinks can be as wide as 72 inches! A standard kitchen sink size is 22” x 30” inches. The general principle is that if your kitchen is 75 square feet, a 12-inch wide kitchen sink is the one to go for.
Our Top Picks
Our Top 10 Best Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
1. Best Overall: Kraus KHU100-26
The KHU100 model from KRAUS comes in several sizes, ranging between 10 inches and 30 inches. For this review, we consider the 26-inch model.
Made from 16-gauge stainless steel, the dimensions of the Kraus KHU100-26 are 26”(L) x 18”(W) x 10”(D) inches. The 26-inch single bowl is large enough to take care of your crockery tools. For installing this undermount sink, you require a minimum cabinet size of 30 inches.
A feature that sets this kitchen sink apart from its competition is its soundproofing technology. Kraus has included special padding covering almost 80% of all its other surfaces. Well-designed grooves also take care of standing water.
The sink is durable and dust resistant. Along with your purchase comes the mounting hardware, drain assembly, and a stainless steel bottom grid. The product comes with a limited lifetime warranty as well.
2. Best Overall Runner-up: Ruvati RVH8591
Another company that has dominated the kitchen sink industry is Ruvati. We take a look at the Ruvati RVH8591, which is a 33-inch kitchen sink.
This kitchen sink is made from stainless steel. Its dimensions are 33”(L) x 19”(W) x 10”(D) inches. It requires an undermount setup and has 16 gauge thickness. In addition, you also get two-tiered racks, one each on the front and the back.
The sink also comes with an innovative slope-bottom design. As a result, the bottom of the sink is 1 inch deeper towards the drain, which prevents rust and stain. Like its Kraus counterpart, Ruvati also provides sound guard padding with this model. Furthermore, the NoiseDefend Padding also reduces the condensation of water.
Along with the kitchen sink, you also get a stainless steel colander, cutting board, and dish drying foldable racks. In addition, a rinse grid, strainer drain assembly, drain cover, and mounting brackets are included. Like the Kraus KHU100, you also get a limited lifetime warranty.
3. Best Workstation: Kraus KWU111-23
The Kraus KWU111 is a 23-inch workstation sink. Strong and durable, the latest addition in the Kore series is one to consider.
The dimensions of this Undermount kitchen sink are 23”(L) x 19”(W) x 10”(D) inches. Besides, the sink is made from stainless steel and has 16 gauge thickness. The Stainless Steel construction makes it easy for you to clean the sink while making it rust-resistant.
You also get the NoiseDefend Soundproofing technology which helps absorbs noise and vibrations. Apart from this, the sink has an off-set drain and a gently sloped bottom to improve the drainage.
Like other workstation sinks, included with your purchase is a dish grid, strainer and drain cover, and a bamboo cutting board. You also get the 5-piece Chef’s kit which also includes a roll-up dish drying rack. The KWU111-23 also comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
4. Best Functional: Ruvati RVH8001
The Ruvati RVH8001 is the first sink in our list that comes with a Topmount installation. This kitchen sink has a width of 33 inches.
With dimensions of 33”(L) x 22”(W) x 10”(D) inches, the sink comes with pre-drilled holes so that you can install a faucet and soap dispenser. The 16-gauge Brushed Stainless Steel construction doesn’t stain or rust and hides scratches very well.
The SoundGuard and NoiseDefend padding minimize condensation along with noises and vibrations. The corners of the sink have a tight radius which makes it easy to clean. In addition, you also get thermal insulation with this model.
With the sink, you get a cutout template, a basket strainer, and a rinse grid. Like other kitchen sinks in the same segment, you get a limited lifetime warranty as well.
5. Best Dual Setup: Kraus KWT310-33/18
Here is another premium kitchen sink from Kraus’s Workstation Series. The KWT310-33/18 is a 33-inch sink. You can mount this kitchen sink either in the Topmount or Undermount style.
The 16 gauge stainless steel workstation sink has dimensions of 33”(L) x 22”(W) x 9”(D)inches. It requires a minimum cabinet size of 36 inches. You also get a 4mm mounting deck for using other accessories. Moreover, this makes the sink resistant to dents and corrosion.
The kitchen sink also comes with a rear off-set drain. It is also insulated with NoiseDefend padding, which helps absorb noise and vibrations. Also, it features tight-radius corners, which makes cleaning it easy. The 5-piece Chef’s kit included with this model is the standout feature.
A roll-up dish drying rack, bamboo cutting board, stainless steel bottom grid, and a drain assembly are included with the sink. You also get Kraus’s limited lifetime warranty with this kitchen sink.
6. Best for Accessories: Ruvati RVH8003
If you search for a stylish topmount workstation kitchen sink, the Ruvati RVH8003 might just be perfect for you. This sink has a width of 33 inches.
The dimensions of this sink are 33”(L) x 22”(W) x 10”(D) inches. Built from the 16 gauge brushed stainless steel, the material doesn’t rust easily. It also hides any scratches that may come with time.
The highlighting feature of this sink is its 1/4 inch high rim. In addition, the overhanging lips behave as a track for various accessories, which increases its functionality. The sink also comes with the SoundGuard undercoating and NoiseDefend padding.
You also get a bunch of accessories: A cutting board, foldable drying rack, colander, and a bottom rinse grid are included in the box. In addition, you also get a strainer drain assembly, cutout template, drain cover, and mounting clips. You also get Ruvati’s standard limited lifetime warranty.
7. Best Aesthetics: Kraus KGD-412B
One of the top-rated granite composite kitchen sinks in the market is the Kraus KGD-412B. The sink has a width of 31 inches.
You can get this kitchen sink either in the Topmount or Undermount design. With dimensions of 30.75”(L) x 20.13”(W) x 8.63”(D) inches, the sink requires a minimum cabinet size of 33 inches. Also, the granite composite material is non-porous and heat-resistant.
Like other Kraus sinks, it features the NoiseDefend soundproofing technology. It also has a 1/8 inch slope that leads to a standard 3.5-inch drain opening. Moreover, the sink also has rounded corners which makes cleaning a breeze.
Along with the sink, you also get a kitchen towel, basket strainer, and mounting hardware. Additionally, the kitchen sink is under a lifetime warranty from Kraus.
8. Best Quartz: Elkay ELGRU13322BK0C
Up till now, our list contained products from Kraus and Ruvati. Another company that offers premium kitchen sinks is Elkay. The Elkay ELGRU13322BK0C is the latest addition to the Quartz Classic series. The sink has a width of 33 inches.
Elkay offers this kitchen sink an undermount installation which ensures a seamless appearance with your countertop. You require a minimum cabinet size of 36 inches to accommodate this kitchen sink. This model comes in a variety of colors, courtesy of its quartz construction. The dimensions of the sink are 33”(L) x 18.46”(W) x 9.43”(D) inches.
The Quartz build ensures that the sink is stain resistant and very easy to clean. The material also ensures minimal sounds and vibration. In addition, the sink comes with an off-set drain which takes care of any standing water.
Accompanying the product is a bottom grid, drain, and a cleaning kit. With select models, you also get a faucet included. Elkay also includes a limited lifetime warranty with this product.
9. Best Granite Composite: BLANCO 440204
The Blanco 440204 is one of the few sinks that use a Granite Composite as its material of choice. This model comes in three sizes. We have considered the smallest 15-inch wide sink.
The sink is compact and has dimensions of 15”(L) x 15”(W) x 8”(D) inches. The 15-inch model requires a minimum cabinet size of 15 inches. Installation of the sink can be done in the Topmount or Undermount style.
It is also stain and heat-resistant. Moreover, the composite material makes it resistant to scratches and chipping. Blanco also assures that the sink will not burn, blister, melt or discolor from any hot crockery items.
You don’t get any additional components with the sink. However, by spending a little extra money, you can get a sink grid, cutting board, and a cap flows cover. In addition, the sink comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
10. Best Compact: Kraus KHU101-10
Rounding off our list is the Kraus KHU101-10. This compact sink comes with a width of 10 inches.
The sink has dimensions of 9.5”(L) x 18”(W) x 8.5”(D) inches. For the Undermount setup, you require a minimum cabinet size of 12 inches. The sink is made from 16 gauge stainless steel, making it durable and resistant to dents and damage. The material also has a water-resistant finish which reduces stains and rust.
You get the NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with this model as well. Moreover, the sink also has a protective undercoating that prevents condensation while also providing thermal insulation. Finally, it has a rear-set drain with channel grooves which prevents the build-up of standing water.
Coupled with the sink, you also get a drain assembly and drain cover. Finally, this product is covered under a limited lifetime warranty.
Best Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Comparison Table
Top Kitchen Sink Brands
Kraus is a company whose name is synonymous with the kitchen and bathroom industry. Their appliances range from kitchen sinks to bathroom faucets. They are known for Undermount, Topmount, and Apron Front sinks.
Despite being formed in 2009, Ruvati has risen to the top in the kitchen sink industry. The company focuses on Italian design and specializes in Stainless Steel, Granite, and Fireclay kitchen sinks.
In the business for almost 85 years, Blanco is recognized worldwide for its quality, design, service, and innovation. Now, Blanco has a presence in more than 100 countries.
Formed in 1920, Elkay is known for its quality products and service. The family-owned business is known for its loyalty towards its employees, partners, and shareholders.
Selecting the perfect kitchen sink based on your needs is a difficult process. Our detailed buying guide covers the best single bowl kitchen sinks currently available on the market. We have even listed different factors to help you make an informed decision.
Hopefully, we have covered everything there is to know about Undermount sinks. However, do drop a comment down below and let us know about your experience with these products.
For more information, please see more information about Best single bowl kitchen sink