1st Trimester Foods to Eat – Nutritional diet during pregnancy
It is extremely important to maintain a proper diet during pregnancy. The body needs Vitamins, Minerals, Macronutrients, and many essential ingredients during this phase. Below is the first-month pregnancy dietthat you must follow.
- Yogurt: Calcium and Protein-rich yogurt is one of the essential foods in your pregnancy diet. Yogurt strengthens your bones and supports the bone structure. You can try any flavor in yogurt.
- Bananas: Bland enough for queasy stomachs, bananas are the best source of Potassium. The high-fiber content of bananas helps with pregnancy-related constipation and helps in relieving nausea too.
- Beans & Lentils: Bean and Lentils are mighty powerhouses of Iron, Folate, Protein, and Fiber that make your body strong during the pregnancy phase.
- Ginger Tea: Products enriched with Ginger helps in combating nausea, which is a common issue during pregnancy. It also helps you relieve morning sickness as well.
- Lean Meat:Pregnant women must have thoroughly cooked lean meats like chuck steak, pork, turkey, chicken, etc. because they are a good source of Iron and Protein. They are infused with amino acids that are the building blocks for cells.
So, these are some of the best foods to eat during pregnancy. The First Trimester pregnancy diet must be followed religiously as this determines the health of the mother as well as the baby. Well, having said that now let us look at the various minerals and vitamins that you must have during this phase.
1. Folic Acid:
In the first phase of pregnancy, prenatal nutrition is general. Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid plays a vital role in preventing tube defects. You can have folic acid enriched foods like oranges, strawberries, green vegetables, kidney beans, etc.
Muscle development is essential during pregnancy. And this is done through protein-rich food like eggs, yogurt, chicken, etc. You must have at least 75 grams of protein per day for you and your baby’s good muscle development.
In order to develop teeth and bones, the baby takes in Calcium from your bones. If your calcium intake is less, then it can lead to brittle bones. The pregnancy diet plan for the first trimester includes around 1,000 milligrams of Calcium per day. You must have milk, cheese, dark green vegetables, etc., for better bone health.
Iron is very vital because the blood supply in the body ramps up to meet the needs of your baby. The iron requirement is 27 milligrams for a pregnant woman. Foods like beef, chicken, eggs, tofu, and spinach are rich in iron. So, make sure that you are getting this solid dose of iron with these foods.
5. Vitamin C:
Foods like Oranges, Broccoli, and Strawberries are rich sources of Vitamin C. They help in promoting tissue and bone development in the body. Pregnant women must aim to have 85 milligrams of Vitamin C during this phase.
DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is found in low-mercury fish. If you feel nauseous of seafood, make sure that DHA in your diet is included in any other way through different foods.
Sodium along with Potassium helps your body in maintaining a fluid balance and regulating blood pressure. Around 2900 milligrams of Potassium is required by the body during the pregnancy phase. Make sure you include dry fruits, bananas, avocado, spinach, broccoli, etc., in your diet.
Follow the first trimester meal plan to know the exact amount of nutrients that you need for your baby’s growth. But also, remember the foods to avoid during 1st trimester. Since all the nutrients will be taken from your body to help the baby grow, you must also take care of yourself. Eat foods rich in protein, calcium, etc., and drink juices that are made from Ayurvedic ingredients. This will help in making your bones and muscles strong. And this will definitely result in the baby’s healthy development.Read More – What to eat during the second trimester of Pregnancy
Please see more list about Best food to eat in first trimester