If you’re looking for the best WordPress food blog themes, then you’re in the right place.
Suppose you love cooking and want to make your presence in the online world, then you’d need an attractive design for your food blog. However, it becomes quite tricky when you’re looking for suitable WordPress food blog themes for your website.
In this article, we’ve listed different WordPress food blog themes with their features and pricing rate. We hope this will make it easier for you to decide which theme to choose for your website.
Let’s check them out!
What are the Things to Look for in a Food Blog Theme?
If you’re planning to build your first food blog website using WordPress, then here are a few things to look at:
- Firstly, search for a theme that has a stylish and responsive design. Make sure that your website should be responsive on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Secondly, confirm that the theme you have gone with must have lots of space for adding images. This provides a way more aesthetic look to your food blog. Also, it makes it more informative once you show the pictures alongside your recipes.
- The theme must integrate well with social media networks. It helps you to connect and share your recipe with your followers on Facebook and Instagram.
- Make sure that you simply check whether or not they have specific templates for food blogs or not. This may make it quite easier to get started with the desired templates.
- At last, it must provide you with plenty of customization options as you don’t want your website to seem identical to other food blogs.
Now let’s look at some of the best WordPress food blog themes.
21 Best WordPress Themes for Food Blogs 2021
All the below listed themes are perfect for food blog. Based on your requirement, you can either choose free or premium ones. Go with the description and features and choose the best theme for your blog.
Astra is a multipurpose fast and light-weighted WordPress theme. Its minimalist yet modern design makes it perfect for starting a food blog website. This theme is for you if you’re starting as a beginner as it gives you a premium-quality feel with its modern look.
Astra comes with tons of pre-made templates that you can use, including the food and recipe blog template. It offers built-in speed and performance optimization for a better ranking of your website. In fact, you can easily add any extra elements to your website, such as a contact form.
- Seamlessly integrates with Gutenberg WordPress block editor.
- Provides a powerful drop-and-drag builder with a live editing option.
- WooCommerce integration.
- 100% responsive and works well on almost any device.
- Also, provide in-depth documentation and 24/7 dedicated support.
Pricing: Astra is a free WordPress theme that you can download from the WordPress.org theme repository. However, its pro version is available at $47/year.
Divi is a widely popular and premium multipurpose WordPress theme. It comes with tons of built-in layouts for different businesses, including food and recipe templates. With this theme, you can create stunning websites with ease and comfort.
Likewise, it provides you with multiple design options, inline text editing, layout settings, and more. It provides inline text editing that makes editing your pages easier than before.
- Powerful drag and drop page building options.
- Built-in split testing and powerful conversion insights.
- Compatible with WooCommerce.
- Provides a full set of theme options that makes it easier to manage your website.
- Also, provide custom CSS control to style your website.
Pricing: Divi is a premium WordPress theme that you can get for $89/year.
Ultra is another powerful and popular WordPress theme that can be used for creating any kind of website or blog. This theme is packed with all the essential features that provide a great user experience to your visitors. Using this theme, you can easily create your website for food, chef, recipe, and cafe.
Ultra includes Themify Builder that makes it easier to set up your blog and add your recipe. It also gives you full control of your website from header to footer. Also, you can sell anything online as it seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce.
- Offers 60+ predefined layouts.
- Includes a mega menu that allows you to display recent posts, a multi-column dropdown menu, and more.
- You can easily customize your website logo text, or upload your logo.
- Multilingual WordPress plugin name WPML compatible.
- Also, you can easily insert banner ads anywhere on your website without any coding.
Pricing: You can get this premium WordPress theme at $59 from Themify.
Restaurant is a popular WordPress theme to showcase your restaurant and food blog with its elegant easy-to-use features. This WordPress theme is quite flexible enough to let you build the website of your imagination effortlessly.
Likewise, with just a one-click demo import your website will be filled with sample data to give you a head start. With this theme, you also get pre-designed menu pages for displaying your menu items. Besides that, it also offers a full-screen video banner, engaging parallax section, and more.
- Allows users to make online table reservations.
- 100% responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Comes with full-screen video banners.
- Uses powerful drag and drop page builder for creating beautiful pages.
- Also, translation and multilingual ready.
Pricing: Restaurant WordPress theme is available at $79 for 1 site license from Templatic.
If you want to give your prospective customers a great experience then Fairy can be a great WordPress theme to go with. It comes with a minimal yet stunning design that can be used by anyone.
Besides that, it comes with added custom widgets for authors, featured posts, and social icons. This theme is built based on customizer settings. Also, it has a sticky sidebar, related posts, blog page options, footer widgets, and more.
- Multiple blog page layouts option.
- Provides dummy data to set up this theme easily.
- Comes with a meta show hide option.
- You can easily add Copyright text via the customizer option.
- Also, translation ready.
Lahanna is another popular WordPress theme for food blogs that are packed with all the features you need as a food blogger. It’s an advanced yet easy-to-use and customizes WordPress food blog theme. In fact, it even comes with a powerful live customizer that lets you design your blog.
Similarly, it comes with a beautiful customizable featured area with a post slider. Using this theme, you can sell your products online with WooCommerce support. It also lets you create beautiful gallery collages with lightbox or gallery sliders using WordPress default galleries.
- Comes with a front-end interactive ingredients list.
- Add easy timer links for your visitors.
- Provides user-friendly recipe creation.
- Also, offers an advanced theme options panel.
Pricing: This food blog WordPress theme is available for $69 at Themeforest.
7. Foodie Pro
Foodie Pro is a sleek and elegant WordPress food blog theme. It comes with a minimalist approach and a clean design. Its minimalist style and plenty of color and typography options for your food blog.
Besides that, it comes with plenty of custom page templates to choose from for building your site. You can build your site with 3 homepages and 5 site-wide widgets. Also, this theme is highly optimized for speed and performance.
- Third-party open source theme.
- Customizable header option.
- Allows you to tweak the theme’s settings, colors and see a preview of those changes in real-time.
- Also, fully mobile responsive.
Pricing: Foodie Pro is a popular third-party theme available for $129.95 alongside the Genesis framework package at StudioPress.
Elara is a free and beautiful WordPress food blog theme. Its intuitive design interface makes sure that you don’t have to start the design process from scratch. In fact, it’s a perfect choice for all professional and enthusiastic chefs and food bloggers.
Elara offers you custom typography, full wide categories, and multiple sidebar positions for you to choose from. It also provides a grid-style photo feed and parallax effect for professionally displaying your posts. Hence, Elara is a super simple to use and customize WordPress theme.
- The front page featured categories.
- Header and footer widgets.
- Easy social media menus.
- Video post option.
- Text or image logo options.
Pricing: Elara is a free WordPress theme that you can get from the WordPress.org theme repository.
Julia is another popular food blog WordPress theme for people with a strong love for cooking. This is a perfect theme as it helps you grab the attention of your customers or visitors to your products. It will make people drool each time when they visit your website.
Similarly, it allows you to fully customize your blog such as changing layout styles, choosing predefined color palettes, and more. Alongside that, it allows you to build your home page with their widget-based flexible system.
- Allows you to insert ads across the website to help you make money online.
- Recipe indexing system for keeping track of all your recipes.
- Provides detailed documentation and full-fledged customer support.
- Mobile and responsive ready.
- Also, fully compatible with WPML WordPress translation plugin.
Pricing: Julia is a premium WordPress theme that you can get for $75/year and provides one-year free support and updates.
Neve is a fast and lightweight multipurpose WordPress theme. It’s a gorgeous, feature-rich WordPress theme perfect for food and recipe blogs. Using it, you can create a professional-looking website in minutes. It comes with 80+ ready-to-use starter websites for an easy start.
Neve comes with a highly extensive blog layout that will give an aesthetic feel to your blog. With this, you get a powerful drag-and-drop editor for the custom design of the header and footer. Also, compatible with popular caching and minification plugins.
- Beginner-friendly and easy-to-use.
- Loads your website in less than one second.
- Mobile ready and AMP compatible.
- Translation and RTL ready.
- Also, seamlessly integrates with Gutenberg and all other popular page builders.
Pricing: You can download Neve from the WordPress.org theme repository. However, its premium version is available at $59.
If you’re looking for a WordPress theme that focuses mostly on content and was designed for food and lifestyle then EasyMeals is the one for you. It comes with a fine section of the food blog and recipe layouts for displaying your recipes.
Also read: WordPress Food Blog Themes for 2022
EasyMeals provides you with a powerful admin dashboard that lets you customize anything you like. Similarly, it includes a side area, recipe list widget, customizable mega menu, recipe category, and more. Also, you can create a forum for all your members and share your experiences using the bbPress plugin.
- Compatible with the free version of Elementor page builder.
- 100% responsive and retina ready.
- WooCommerce compatible.
- SEO optimized.
- Also, includes a child theme.
Pricing: EasyMeals is available at $75 from ThemeForest.
12. Food Recipes
Food Recipes is another free and easy-to-use responsive WordPress food blog theme. This theme is designed for those who are looking for writing their blogs on food recipes and other food-related blogs. It can be used for breathing both personal and professional websites.
With this theme, you’ll be able to boost your search engine rankings and connect with people. At the same time, it’s quite a responsive and fresh-looking free WordPress food theme. Also, it’s extremely beginner-friendly and can be easily customized without any technical skills required.
- You can create awesome blog listings showing the latest blog posts.
- Allows you to show more detailed content for blog posts.
- Easily manageable customization options.
- Mobile responsive and translation ready.
- Also, provides step-by-step documentation and dummy data.
Pricing: Food Recipes is a free WordPress theme that you can get from the WordPress.org theme repository.
If you’re a chef or food blogger who is looking for premium WordPress themes for food blogs then, Neptune is here for you. It’s for those who love to cook and share their recipes. It provides you everything that you ever need for creating a recipe blog.
Neptune lets you add nutritional information to your recipe, set any labels you want like protein, carb, sugar, etc. Similarly, it has an in-built timer that allows you to start a time/alarm online. It also includes social media features that allow you to share your beautiful recipes on different networks.
- Built-in Google-rich snippets markup tool.
- Provides a powerful meal planner that automatically calculates daily values of carbs, fat, protein, etc.
- Includes recipe metadata like cooking time, difficulty, cooking temperature, and more.
- Allows your visitors to register and submit their recipes to your website.
- Also, make money online by placing ads on multiple locations.
Pricing: Neptune is a premium WordPress theme for food blogs that you can get for $69 from ThemeForest.
14. Blossom Recipe
Blossom Recipe is a beautifully designed free WordPress theme that helps you create delicious food and recipe blogs. It allows you to easily personalize your food blog without writing a single line of code.
Blossom Recipe comes with beautiful recipe card templates for displaying your cooking instructions in an easy-to-read way. In fact, it even lets you build your recipe easily with step-by-step instructions. On top of that, it also offers 900+ Google Fonts, a print recipe option, 26 custom widgets, and more.
- Built-in live customizer.
- Advanced filters for recipe search.
- Provides 6 different customizable recipe widgets to choose from.
- SEO and speed optimized.
- Also, provides nutritional value charts for each recipe.
If you’re looking for a fast, clean, and easy-to-use theme then Kale is the right choice for you. This is a free food blog theme that is perfect for lifestyle, personal, food, and recipe blogs. Indeed, it’s super easy to set up and gives you the freedom to customize it as your own.
Actually, it’s responsive and super flexible which is why it works great for beginners and professionals too. It also comes with multiple blog feed layouts, text and image logo options, sidebar size options, multi-level menus, and more.
- Beginner-friendly WordPress theme.
- Responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Well integrates with all popular WordPress plugins.
- Also, provides easy social media menus.
Pricing: You can download Kale from the WordPress.org theme repository. However, its pro version is available at $35.
Receptar is another free and simple yet modern and stylish WordPress theme for food blogs. It offers you impressive design options with a great image area for a more aesthetic look. It comes with a split-screen book-like design that focuses on the most beautiful imagery and typography.
Likewise, it’s extremely easy to set up and even a beginner can use it without any technical skill required. In fact, its one-click demo import will make it easier to get started with your website.
- Compatible with any of your popular page builders.
- Lightweight and optimized for speed.
- Works great for SEO.
- Provides incredible customer support.
- Also, 100% translation ready.
Gourmand is a classy WordPress theme designed for starting a food blog website. This theme offers you quite responsive and a fresh-looking design to gravitate lots of visitors to your website.
Actually, it’s a perfect choice for those who are looking for a simple, yet versatile templates for their food blog. Besides that, its awesome features allow you to freely customize different aspects of the theme. Also, it includes 4 color schemes – Blue, Red, green, and Orange.
- Comes with an advanced Theme Options Panel.
- Responsive and retina ready.
- Allows you to add ads at multiple locations for banners.
- Compatible with your Gutenberg WordPress editor.
- Also, ensures an SEO-friendly code.
Pricing: Gourmand is a premium WordPress theme available for $79/year from WPZOOM.
Foodica is yet another perfect WordPress theme for creating food-based blogs, magazines, and recipe websites. You can create unique, elegant, and clutter-free food blogs without any hassle.
Similarly, its features include ten color schemes, recipe index, beautiful featured slider, and more. Besides that, its customization tool allows you to make changes to the theme and get an immediate preview.
- WooCommerce ready.
- Easy to use for both beginners and expert food bloggers.
- Provides multiple ad zones for adding banners.
- Allows you to display your posts in a grid or a traditional blog layout.
- Also, comes with 1-click updates and a demo importer.
Pricing: Foodica is a premium WordPress theme available for €79/year from WPZOOM.
Foodhub is a premium food recipe listing WordPress themes. It comes with stunning, lively, and eye-catching designs for creating food blogs and other related websites.
Besides that, it’s fully responsive and your website will look great on whatever device your users are on. Also, it’s highly customizable and comes with a live preview option.
- Flexible and user-friendly.
- Compatible with all major page builders.
- WooCommerce ready.
- Also, cross-browser compatible.
Pricing: Foodhub is a premium WordPress theme that you can get for $59.
If you’re looking for a theme with a simple yet stunning design then SocialChef is a good option. It comes with a beautiful, clean, and responsive design that helps to attract more visitors to your website.
Using this, you can share your recipes on different social media and then gain lots of followers from it. It also, includes member profiles, extensive theme options, custom widgets, WooCommerce support, and more.
- Allows your users to log in and submit their recipes.
- Integrated advanced search system.
- Allows you to add nutrition facts and metadata to your recipe.
- Schema.org compatible.
- Also, provides fast and friendly support.
Pricing: SocialChef is a premium WordPress theme for food blogs that you can get for $59 from ThemeForest.
Finally, we’ve Pixwell WordPress theme that contains feature-rich features that are perfect for food and recipe blogs. Its powerful multipurpose WordPress theme makes it quicker for creating gorgeous food blogs or websites.
On top of that, it comes with a flexible customization option that lets you control overall styling, elements, typography, etc. Along with that, all of its elements are 100% responsive and ready for all devices.
- Compatible with all popular WordPress plugins.
- Includes 5+ single layouts that support video, gallery, audio, and standard.
- GDPR compliance.
- Supports 800+ Google Fonts.
- Also, reduces the website’s preload time with Lazy Load.
Pricing: Pixwell is available for $39 from ThemeForest.
That’s about it. These are some lists of the best WordPress food blog themes for 2021. We hope that you’ll agree with our list of the best WordPress food blog themes.
Lastly, we would like to recommend two of our favorite best WordPress food blog themes. Firstly, we’ve Elara which is a free WordPress food blog theme. It’s easy to use and also provides lots of features related to food blogs.
Secondly, we’ve Neptune which is a premium WordPress theme. It provides powerful features like a clean and customizable design and it’s easy to use at the same time.
If you’ve any further queries about the best WordPress food blog themes, then please leave a comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, check out our complete strategic guide on What is Social Media Marketing? And also check out the 14 best eCommerce platforms to make an online shop. Be sure to go through it once.
If you like this article, then please share it with your friends and colleagues. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Best wordpress themes for food blogs