Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes need less oil to cook up crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. This simple side dish takes almost no effort and the results are so yummy. You are going to love these 3 ingredient air fryer roasted sweet potatoes.
Sweet potatoes get all the glory during the holidays but are often overlooked during the rest of the year. And that’s too bad because air fryer roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect balance between sweet and savory and can be served with just about any meal.
Reading: Air fryer roast sweet potatoes
Lately, I’ve been making air fryer baked sweet potatoes once a week and I’m so glad I have been. My family loves the change from white potatoes and they are so simple to make. Plus, sweet potatoes have some great health benefits. These orange delights are loaded with beta carotene and other nutrients. They are high in potassium, vitamin E, C, and when you eat them with the skin on, provide a great source of fiber.
- Sweet Potatoes – Choose potatoes that are similar in size for even cooking.
- Olive Oil – You can use your favorite light, neutral flavored oil.
- Salt – Coarse kosher salt is my go to!
How To Make Roasted Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Scrub the potatoes to clean them and remove any dirt. Be sure to dry them well as we want roasted sweet potatoes not steamed sweet potatoes.
- Poke the potatoes several times with the tines of a fork. This allows the steam to escape as they cook.
- Brush the surface of the potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the potatoes onto the air fryer rack or pan and space them out evenly.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes at 400 degrees F or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato Toppings
Read more: List of 17 federal house bar and grill
One of my favorite things about sweet potatoes is that they can easily be shifted from sweet to savory just by varying the toppings. With sweet potatoes almost anything goes but here are a few of our favorites.
- Butter – It’s hard to imagine any potato without butter. Ghee is also a great option.
- Cinnamon – Add a hint of warm spice.
- Sugar – Add a little sweetness with some white or brown sugar.
- Maple Syrup/Honey – If you prefer a natural sweetner both honey and maple syrup (the real stuff) are delicious options.
- Sour Cream – Seriously! The combination of sweet potato and sour cream is mighty tasty. Add some chives and a sprinkle of garlic powder to make it pop.
- Chili – I love scooping a big helping of my favorite chili over the top of a crispy air fryer roasted sweet potato.
- Blue Cheese – Top with crumbled blue cheese, walnuts and some honey for an incredible umami experience!
How To Store and Reheat Leftover Baked Sweet Potatoes
Wrap leftover roasted sweet potatoes in foil or plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 4 months.
Leftover potatoes can be reheated in the microwave until hot or reheat them in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Read more: Grilled Tri Tip (Santa Maria Style)
Leftover baked sweet potatoes can be used in recipes calling for mashed sweet potato or sweet potato puree. Sweet potato gnocchi is one of my favorite recipes for leftover potatoes.
Entrees To Serve Sweet Potatoes With
- Panko Pork Chops with Parmesan
- Roaster Slow Cooker Chicken
- Cod Fish and Artichoke Piccata
- Shashuka with Feta from Recipes from a Pantry
If you like this Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Read more: List of 10+ cook roast in crock pot
For more information please see the list of Air fryer roast sweet potatoes