This healthy, delicious Air fryer baked sweet potato is simple and easy to make within 30 minutes. Let me show you how to make this wonderful side dish!
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
If you love sweet potatoes, you’ll love these baked sweet potatoes in the air fryer! They have crispy skin and fluffy insides. So delish you’ll never go back to making it any other way!
Reading: Roast sweet potato air fryer
If you don’t know this about Air fryers, they circulate hot air inside cooking the food to perfection! And it takes less time than the oven because air fryers need to heat only a small space. They’re very energy efficient. The sweet potatoes get perfectly fluffy and caramelized and air fryer is the best way to cook whole sweet potatoes.
My favorite way to have baked sweet potatoes is with butter and a drizzle of pure Canadian maple syrup while it’s still warm. So divine! I could eat it the whole day. These sweet potatoes are a great side dish for steak or chicken.
Sweet potatoes are healthy, loaded with plenty of nutrients, especially Vitamin A and C. Also, this recipe is gluten-free and vegan making it ideal for those diets. Baked sweet potatoes will be a healthy side dish to your weeknight meals.
If you’re looking to make more sweet potato dishes in the Air fryer, why not try Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes or AirFryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries. These are our favorite sweet potato side dishes and I love how easy they are to make.
If you’re looking for more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Why we love Baked Sweet Potatoes In the Air fryer:
- Step by Step Process
- How To Make Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Best Tips
- How To Serve
- Best Toppings For Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Questions About Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer
- How long should I cook sweet potatoes in the Air fryer?
- What temperature should I use for my air fryer sweet potatoes?
- Do you have to soak sweet potatoes in water before Air frying?
- What is the healthiest way to cook sweet potatoes?
- How To Store and Reheat
- More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Why we love Baked Sweet Potatoes In the Air fryer:
- Quick and easy
- Tastes delicious
- Great side dish
Read more: Top 8 bone in picnic roast instant pot
We need only 3 ingredients for these baked sweet potatoes in the air fryer. They’re pantry staples you’ll be already having in the kitchen.
- Sweet potato – Use a yellow fleshed sweet potato, Garnet or Jewel. I used 4 medium sized sweet potatoes which are about 1.2 pounds in weight. I like to use long skinny sweet potatoes rather than round bulbous ones. They cook faster.
- Oil – olive oil, avocado oil or any cooking oil spray. A little oil helps helps make the sweet potato skin crispy.
Step by Step Process
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
Here’s how to bake sweet potatoes in the air fryer:
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato with a knife or a fork.
- Spray lightly with any cooking oil to coat the sweet potatoes. Season with salt.
- Preheat the Air fryer at 380F for 3 minutes.
- Place the oiled and seasoned sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket. Cook sweet potatoes at 380F for 25 to 30 minutes until fork tender. Slice open the flesh to check the doneness.
- Serve warm with your preferred toppings.
Choose medium sized sweet potatoes
Poke holes – this helps the potatoes cook faster and also lets out any built-up steam.
Oil and season the sweet potatoes – for delicious and crispy skin.
Preheat Air fryer – to make sweet potatoes cook faster.
Single layer – If you are cooking a large batch make sure they’re placed in a single layer so the hot air can circulate completely cooking the sweet potatoes evenly on all sides.
How To Serve
Serve baked sweet potatoes with any chicken or meat dish. They’ll be great with Air fryer Chicken Legs, Chicken Breast, or Steak Bites.
Baked sweet potatoes are greater on their own too. See all the topping options below.
Best Toppings For Baked Sweet Potatoes
You can top the baked sweet potatoes with your favorite toppings, both sweet and savory. These are some of my go-to toppings.
- Slice open the baked sweet potato and top with butter, pure Canadian Maple syrup and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper while still warm.
- Butter, cinnamon, brown sugar is another delicious sweet topping.
- For savory toppings – try baked sweet potatoes with butter, chopped parsley, ground black pepper or red chili flakes.
How To Store and Reheat
If you have any leftover baked sweet potatoes, store them in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 3 days.
You can reheat them in the microwave or if you want to crisp them up air fry them for a few minutes at 350F.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Read more: Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Roast sweet potato air fryer