Air Fryer Roasted Garlic. Fresh garlic roasted in the air fryer until soft, creamy and caramelized. Make roasted garlic to use in a variety of dishes to add sweet, savory and delicious flavor.
Can you roast garlic in the air fryer? Yes! When you’re in a pinch and need roasted garlic for a recipe, heating up the oven can be energy and time-consuming. With this quick and easy recipe, you will learn how to make oven-roasted garlic in the air fryer in less time and with less mess!
Replacing roasted garlic with fresh garlic in many recipes makes everything better! Cooking it in an air fryer allows you to quickly roast exactly how much you need for a recipe without getting the oven involved.
Roasted garlic adds deep caramelized, almost sweet flavor to dips, spreads, sauces and so much more. It is also incredible all on it’s own. Spread air fryer roasted garlic on crackers, crusty bread, pizza, bagels -the options are endless. Enjoy!
🧄 Ingredients & Equipment
- Head of Fresh Garlic – There’s no need to peel away the papery skins. Once the head of garlic is roasted, it will slide right off.
- Avocado Oil – lightly coats the tops of the garlic cloves to encourage browning.
👉 Recommended Equipment:
- Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- Aluminum Foil
📖 How to Make Roasted Garlic in the Air Fryer
1️⃣ Preheat air fryer: Program temperature to 400 degree F and preheat the air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes.
2️⃣ Prep garlic: Slice off the top of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves and place on a sheet of foil. Drizzle the top with oil. Fold the foil around the bulb to make a sealed packet.
3️⃣ Roast garlic in air fryer: Carefully transfer foil packet to preheated 400 degree F air fryer and roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until garlic cloves are soft, creamy and beginning to caramelize.
4️⃣ Cool roasted garlic and peel: Let garlic cool in the air fryer basket for 10 to 15 minutes or until it’s cool enough to handle. Using your hands or a small spoon, pop each clove out of the bulb and mash into a paste (or keep whole) to use in recipes.
👩🏻🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Need less than a whole head of garlic? You can peel the garlic and cook the amount of cloves you need in a foil packet. However, it is much easier to remove the peel if the bulb is roasted in the air fryer whole.
- The air frying time will vary depending on the size of the garlic. To check for doneness, carefully open the foil packet and press into a clove with a butter knife. It should be soft and spreadable.
- Avocado oil can be replaced with any neutral tasting oil with a high smoking point (like sunflower or light tasting olive oil).
- Feel free to season the garlic head with salt and pepper or a pinch of a dried herb blend like Greek, Italian or Cajun.
- Be sure to seal the foil packet, so the garlic steams as it roasts creating a soft and buttery texture (like softened cream cheese).
♨ How to Make Roasted Garlic in the Oven
No air fryer? That’s okay. To make roasted garlic in the oven, first preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and then roast garlic in a foil packet on a baking sheet for 45 minutes or until the cloves are soft and spreadable.
🍴How to Use Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
Creamy roasted garlic is delicious on it’s own as well as added to a variety of sauces, dips and spreads. Check out more ways to use roasted garlic below:
- As a pizza topping
- Add to cashew cream sauce to make a vegan roasted garlic alfredo
- Mix with mayonnaise to make homemade roasted garlic aioli
- Smash it into mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes
- Use roasted garlic instead of raw garlic in recipes
- Spread on crackers, pita, toasted baguette, etc.
- Mix with cream cheese and spread on bagels
♻️ Storing & Freezing
Storing – After separating the cloves from the skin, let them cool completely to room temperature and then store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. If covered with olive oil in an airtight container, roasted garlic will last 2 weeks in the fridge.
Freezing – Once cooled completely to room temperature, remove cloves from their skins and arrange on a baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to freezer until the cloves are frozen solid. Store frozen roasted garlic cloves in the freezer in a freezer safe bag for 4 to 5 months.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen OkraAir Fryer AsparagusAir Fryer Brussels SproutsAir Fryer Broccoli
Please see more list about How to roast garlic in air fryer