- 1. Chana Masala from Piping Pot Curry
- 2. Dum Aloo from Ministry of Curry
- 3. Paneer Buter Masala from Piping Pot Curry
- 4. Vegetable Korma from Cook with Manali
- 5. Pav Bhaji from Piping Pot Curry
- 6. Aloo Gobi by Paint the Kitchen Red
- 7. Saag/Palak Paneer from Piping Pot Curry
- 8. Avial from My Heart Beets
- 9. Dal Makhani (Madras Lentils) from Piping Pot Curry
- 10. Coconut Tomato Soup from Two Sleevers
- 11. Spinach Daal from Piping Pot Curry
- 12. Cauliflower Tikka Masala from Vegan Richa
- 13. Paneer Briyani from Ministry of Curry
- 14. Potato Curry from Piping Pot Curry
- 15. Kadhi from Spice Cravings
- 16. Kala Chana / Black Chickpeas Curry from Piping Pot Curry
- 17. Saag Aloo from Piping Pot Curry
- 18. Lemon Rice from Piping Pot Curry
- 19. Sambar from Vidhya’s Home Cooking
- 20. Chana Dal from Piping Pot Curry
- 21. Khichdi from Simmer to Slimmer
- 22. Black Eyed Peas Curry from Piping Pot Curry
- 23. Misal Pav from Piping Pot Curry
- 24. Daal Dhokhli from Ministry of Curry
- 25. Moong Daal Fry from Piping Pot Curry
- 26. Stuffed Baby Eggplant from Instapottin with Poonam
- 27. Rajma Masala from Piping Pot Curry
- 28. Aloo Baingan from Carve Your Craving
- 29. Vegetable Pulao from Piping Pot Curry
Looking for vegetarian recipes to make in your Instant Pot? Here is the BEST collection of 29 Instant Pot Indian Vegetarian Recipes from the best Indian food blogs! You can find a variety of vegetarian curries, lentils, beans and rice recipes from all over India.
With the Instant Pot, cooking Indian food at home is not a complex task anymore. As I said in my 23 Best Indian Food Recipes roundup, Instant Pot has demystified Indian cuisine for people worldwide. Many readers asked for the best vegetarian and vegan recipes that they could use for meal planning. So I am sharing this roundup with 29 Vegetarian Instant Pot recipes from the best blogs. I have also started a Monthly Instant Pot Vegetarian Meal Plan. Do check it out!
1. Chana Masala from Piping Pot Curry
Chana masala or Chickpea Curry made in instant pot is a healthy and hassle free dinner. Also called as Chole, this dish is high in protein and fiber, which mades it a healthy satisfying dinner.
2. Dum Aloo from Ministry of Curry
A North Indian favorite curry made with baby potatoes sautéed in onion and tomato sauce. Dum Aloo goes well with hot butter naan, roti or paratha. It can be easily made in a pressure cooker.
3. Paneer Buter Masala from Piping Pot Curry
Paneer Butter Masala is a favorite dish of vegetarians for any party or get-together. It is also known as Paneer Makhani and is extremely easy to make in the instant pot. It has chunks of paneer cottage cheese cooked in mild onion tomato gravy.
4. Vegetable Korma from Cook with Manali
A dish with creamy curry and right amount of spices, this is a favorite for vegetarians. This vegan & gluten free curry pairs perfectly with naan or rice.
5. Pav Bhaji from Piping Pot Curry
A favourite Indian street food, Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. This one-pot version of Pav Bhaji made in the Instant Pot has made it a popular weeknight dinner for many.
6. Aloo Gobi by Paint the Kitchen Red
Instant Pot Aloo Gobi makes a wonderful vegetarian main dish or side dish for an Indian-themed meal. This Indian Cauliflower with Potatoes recipe is quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker.
7. Saag/Palak Paneer from Piping Pot Curry
Palak Paneer, also called Saag, is a popular dish made with Spinach and Cottage Cheese. There is another popular North Indian dish, Mustard Greens Saag, which is very similar, however it is made with both Mustard Greens and Spinach. If you want to make this dish vegan, check out the Palak Tofu recipe.
8. Avial from My Heart Beets
Avial a delicious South Indian vegetable curry cooked in coconut oil and flavored with aromatic curry leaves. All of the vegetables are coated in a sauce made with grated coconut and yogurt. My Heart Beets shows you how to make this dish in the instant pot.
9. Dal Makhani (Madras Lentils) from Piping Pot Curry
This is one of the most popular dal ordered at restaurants – Dal Makhani. Interestingly this dal is very similar to the Madras Lentils you might have tasted at Costco. Here you will see how to make the lentils along with pot-in-pot brown rice, for a complete meal in one go.
10. Coconut Tomato Soup from Two Sleevers
This warming, comforting, spicy, tasty Pressure Cooker Tomato Coconut soup sounds wonderful. This soup will take you to authentic flavors from the state of Maharashtra in India.
11. Spinach Daal from Piping Pot Curry
Spinach Dal is the perfect example of making healthy lentils even healthier by adding spinach. This vegan and gluten free dish can be served with rice or as soup.
12. Cauliflower Tikka Masala from Vegan Richa
Vegan Richa shows how to make a delicious tikka masala sauce and then cauliflower tikka masala with it. This is a great vegan dish for a weeknight dinner.
13. Paneer Briyani from Ministry of Curry
A classic Indian dish made with flavourful and aromatic basmati rice, along with whole spices and garam masala. Lots of veggies and paneer make this a complete meal, which pairs well with yogurt or raita.
14. Potato Curry from Piping Pot Curry
An easy and comforting Potato Curry made in a tomato gravy in the Instant Pot. This North Indian Potato Curry is also known as Aloo Rasedar. This vegan and gluten free potato curry is great for quick weeknight dinners.
15. Kadhi from Spice Cravings
Punjabi Kadhi Chawal, a yogurt chickpea soup served with rice, is an all-time favorite comfort food in many North Indian homes. Spice Cravings shows you how to make it in the Instant Pot.
16. Kala Chana / Black Chickpeas Curry from Piping Pot Curry
Kala chana is a mildly spiced black chickpeas curry made with lots of flavorful spices. Kala chana has an excellent amount of protein, and is a great dish for vegetarians to enjoy with rice!
17. Saag Aloo from Piping Pot Curry
Saag Aloo is a popular North Indian dish made with winter greens / mustard leaves. Make this dish with superfood kale leaves in the Instant Pot for a quick and easy dinner.
18. Lemon Rice from Piping Pot Curry
Here is a flavorful, tangy and crunchy Lemon Rice from South India. Aromatic Basmati Rice flavored with lemon juice, mustard seeds, ginger and topped with roasted peanuts. It takes less than 30 minutes to make this delicious rice in your instant pot.
19. Sambar from Vidhya’s Home Cooking
This is the most popular South Indian dish, Mixed Vegetable Sambar. It is made in the traditional style from the state of Tamil Nadu in India. Enjoy with idli, dosa or rice.
20. Chana Dal from Piping Pot Curry
Easy & Delicious Chana Dal made in the Instant Pot. Split Chickpeas are cooked with ginger, garlic, onion, tomato and flavorful spices, to make a comforting soup.
21. Khichdi from Simmer to Slimmer
A wholesome and nutritious meal, Moong dal khichdi is made from rice and moong dal. It is comfort food at its best. This one-pot, 5-ingredient complete meal is easy on your stomach and is perfect for all ages.
22. Black Eyed Peas Curry from Piping Pot Curry
Black Eyed Peas Curry or Lobhia Masala, a popular dish in North India, is made in an onion-tomato gravy, along with lots of ginger, garlic and aromatic spices. It is perfect to enjoy with some steaming basmati rice and parathas.
23. Misal Pav from Piping Pot Curry
A delicious Maharashtrain breakfast, Misal Pav is a spicy sprouts curry made in the instant pot. Misal Pav is a wholesome meal, that can be enjoyed as a nutritious breakfast or brunch.
24. Daal Dhokhli from Ministry of Curry
A popular dish from the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra, Dal Dhokli. Savory whole wheat noodles are cooked in sweet, spicy and tangy lentil stew to make an ultimate comforting meal!
25. Moong Daal Fry from Piping Pot Curry
Moong Dal Tadka (Split Yellow Lentil Soup) is a popular dal similar to Toor Dal Fry that is used for everyday cooking in India. It is a quick, easy and low-calorie nutritious lentil soup.
26. Stuffed Baby Eggplant from Instapottin with Poonam
A popular dish of stuffed baby eggplants from the state of Gujarat, called Ravaiya. This flavorful and nutritious dish is made with tomatoes, baby eggplant and lots of flavorful spices.
27. Rajma Masala from Piping Pot Curry
Rajma Masala or Vegan Red Kidney Beans Curry is one of the most loved Punjabi dishes. It is a great comfort food enjoyed with rice or roti. Here you will find how to make Rajma in Instant Pot along with pot-in-pot Brown Rice for a complete meal.
28. Aloo Baingan from Carve Your Craving
This Instant Pot Aloo Baingan Masala / Potato Eggplant curry is a simple flavorful curry. It can be paired with a side of roti/ naan or steamed rice to have a delicious meal on the table in under 30 minutes.
29. Vegetable Pulao from Piping Pot Curry
Vegetable Rice Pilaf or Pulao is an easy one pot rice dish mixed with a variety of vegetables and mildly flavored with various spices. This is a one pot dish super quick and easy to make in the instant pot.
We hope you have found a recipe for your favourite Vegetarian Indian dish to make in the Instant Pot. Let us know which dish you’re most excited to make, and share this roundup with your friends!
Pin it for later:
Don’t forget to check out our roundup of 10 Delicious Instant Pot Indian Dessert Recipes from the best blogs for Indian Instant Pot Cooking.