Looking for the best refrigerators for your home in 2022? Here are some of our top recommendations to consider. The open, space-saving designs and top-of-the-line storage options make the latest refrigerator options something you might just swoon over. Who knew a fridge could be this exciting?
To see more options, check out our full selection of refrigerators.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- List of the Top 5 Overall Refrigerators
- Best Refrigerators by Type
- What to Consider When Buying a Refrigerator
- Best Refrigerator FAQs
List of the Top 5 Overall Refrigerators
Take a look at the following options when looking for the best refrigerator in 2022 has to offer – check out these refrigerator reviews.
The LG – 35.8 inch 27.9 cu. ft French door refrigerator is a large-capacity fridge with a ton of storage space. Its sleek design will look great in any kitchen and it’s available in stainless or black stainless.
This KitchenAid refrigerator is a great choice for best fridge 2022 if you’re looking for a spacious and stylish option for your kitchen. Plus, it has a variety of features that make life easier, including an ice and water dispenser, a built-in temperature monitor, and a variety of storage options.
Featuring a stacked design with multiple freezer drawers, this Sub-Zero has innovative preservation technology to keep all your food fresher longer, making it one of the best refrigerators for freezing and more.
The slim profile and recessed handle design of this Bosch fridge is available in 4 colors and comes in as our choice for best bottom freezer refrigerator.
This dual refrigerator and freezer features a Twin Cooling design and versatile convertible comfort zones.
1. LG – LFXS28968S
Type: French Door
- Finish: A sleek and stylish stainless steel finish option that’ll look great in any kitchen.
- Capacity: A large 27.9 cu. ft capacity, perfect for big families or anyone who loves to cook and needs to store a lot of food.
- Multi-Air Flow: High-tech cooling system that ensures all your food is evenly cooled and stored.
- Price Point: Mid-Range
The LG – 35.8 inch 27.9 cu. ft French door refrigerator is a top of the line appliance, with all the bells and whistles you could hope for. You’ll love everything from the in-door water and ice maker to the Linear Compressor motor that makes LG efficient and functional for years – it even comes with a 10-year warranty!
2. KitchenAid – KRFC302ESS
Type: French Door
- Design: This KitchenAid French door refrigerator boasts a taller profile – 3” taller than normal counter-depth fridges.
- Capacity: These refrigerators have an over-sized capacity that can accommodate even the largest grocery shopping trips.
- Performance: ExtendFresh Temperature Management System means food stays fresh longer.
- Price Point: High-end
The KitchenAid bottom-freezer is the best of both worlds – fits in-line with your counter and cabinetry, but is a full 3” taller than most standard counter-depth fridges, so you don’t lose valuable space and can store food all the way to the top. ExtendFresh Technology ensures optimal temperature management and control to keep food fresh longer than expected.
3. Sub-Zero – PRO4850G
Type: French Door Side-by-side
- Rigorous Testing: Stress-tested to ensure that even with daily use, the Sub-Zero will last for decades.
- Warranty: Best warranty in the industry.
- Air Purification Technology: Advanced purification technology developed by NASA scrubs air for odor and ethylene 3 times an hour.
- Price Point: High-end
Sleek design, top-of-the-line technology and an abundance of redesigned storage space makes the Sub-Zero a stunning addition to any kitchen. The advanced preservation and air purification system that uses NASA-developed technology, and dual refrigeration technology, are part of what make it one of the best top of the line appliances on the market today.
4. Bosch – B36CT80SNS
Type: French Door Bottom Mount
- Stellar Technology: Farmfresh system uses 4 technologies to keep food fresher.
- Performance: Dual compressors and evaluators ensure top of the line performance.
- Remote Capability: Home Connect options let you remotely control your refrigerator.
- Price Point: Mid-Range
Innovation meets design in this Bosch bottom mount French door counter-depth refrigerator. Best-in-class for freshness, 4 combined technologies, and VITAFRESHPRO preset settings make humidity and temperature control an automatic snap. Home Connect takes connectivity to a new level, and the sleek design creates maximum use of space in the upper, generally wasted-space areas.
5. Samsung – RT18M6213SR
Type: Top Mount
- Customizable: The recessed handles provide a sleeker look and a door opening and hinge that can be reversed – the best top mount refrigerator and best affordable refrigerator on the market today.
- Cooling Performance: Twin Cooling Plus – dual motors give optimal performance for both the freezer and fridge.
- Flexible Fridge-Freezer Conversion: FlexZone means the freezer can convert for extra fridge space.
- Price Point: Budget
The Samsung top-freezer with FlexZone convertible zones offers Twin Cooling for optimized humidity levels and guaranteed longer-freshness times. Convert the freezer area to extra fridge space. A reversible door hinge makes for a flexible appliance that works in any space.
Best Refrigerators by Type
Best Budget Refrigerator – Samsung RT18M6213SR
The Samsung is our top pick for the best budget refrigerator. It has a large capacity, fingerprint-resistant finish, and is energy efficient. It also has a variety of features that make it easy to use, including FlexZone cooling options.
Best Small Kitchen Refrigerator – Bosch B09IB91NSP
If you’re tight on space, but still want top of the line technology and smart solutions, the Bosch 8.3 cu. ft. bottom-mount refrigerator does not disappoint. Smart technology lets you control temperature and moisture with the Home Connect app.
Best Smart Refrigerator – Samsung RF23R6201SR
This WiFi-enabled Samsung is space saving and high tech. Also, it can produce more than 5 lbs of ice. It’s hands down our top pick for the best high end refrigerator with smart technology at an affordable price.
Best French Door Refrigerator – LG LFXS28968S
The impressive 10-year warranty on the LG makes it one of the best refrigerator brands with French doors on the market today. Additionally, it has tons of features, like Smartthinq WiFi capability and an Energy Star rating.
Best Counter-Depth Refrigerator – Frigidaire PRFC2383AF
Space-wise organization and a deli drawer make this Frigidaire our favorite counter-depth refrigerator. A built-in water filter keeps ice pure, and multiple LED lights make it easy to see exactly what’s inside.
Best Undercounter Refrigerator – Silhouette SPRBC056D1SS
This beverage cooler is transparent and lets you see what’s available. There’s room for sodas as well as a wine cooler underneath. Adjustable interior lighting is also a nice touch.
Best Side by Side Refrigerator – Whirlpool WRS321SDHZ
This unit saves big on space and is super functional. A built-in can caddy and frameless glass shelves make it more flexible.
Best Top Freezer Refrigerator – LG LTCS20020S
The LG top freezer refrigerator is a good value with a large capacity. It also has a water and ice dispenser in the door and LED lighting. It’s hands down one of the most reliable top freezer options out there.
Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerator – Whirlpool WRB322DMBM
Vegetable crispers and deli drawers make keeping food organized in this Whirlpool bottom freezer simple and efficient. Accu-Chill temperature management system keeps food fresh longer. Whirlpool is a top choice for the best large refrigerator with a bottom freezer out there.
Best Wine Storage Refrigerator – Frigidaire FFWC3822QS
The Frigidaire wine fridge has space for up to 38 wine bottles. Two temperature zones let you customize optimal temps and you can also adjustable lighting.
What to Consider When Buying a Refrigerator
The best refrigerator for anyone ultimately just depends on individual, specific needs.
- Kitchen Space: How much space do you have in your kitchen for a refrigerator? Consider the width, height, and depth of the refrigerator when you’re measuring how much space you have.
- Refrigerator Size: How much food do you need to store? Think about the size of the refrigerator when you’re choosing a model.
- Energy Efficiency: You’ll want to consider how much energy a refrigerator uses. Look for a model that has an Energy Star rating for best energy efficiency.
- Number of Doors: Some refrigerators have 2 doors while others have 4. Consider how many doors you need.
To learn more, check out our complete guide on how to choose a fridge.
Finding the perfect refrigerator doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process. With our guide and the hundreds of options we have to choose from, you’re sure to find the exact fridge for your needs.
Browse our full selection of refrigerators to get started.
Best Refrigerator FAQs
How do you care for a refrigerator?
Refrigerators without a water filter need very little care to keep them running well. In most cases, all you need to do is wipe them down with a damp cloth every few weeks and vacuum the coils on the back once a year. If you have a water filter you will need to change it every few months. Check your user manual for the best way to care for your fridge.
What is the most reliable refrigerator brand?
Refrigerator reliability is measured in terms of how often an appliance needs repairs. It also impacts refrigerator ratings. This can help you make a decision when considering what is the best refrigerator to buy.
LG and Samsung are both incredibly reliable brands, with fewer than 5% of appliances requiring repairs in any given year. For this reason, they’re both consistently one of the top rated refrigerators.
What is the most awarded refrigerator brand?
Awards come from multiple organizations, making it difficult to say definitively which one brand has the most accolades overall. That said, Samsung is high on the list. Samsung refrigerators were awarded the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award a couple years ago. The brand was also ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power for both their side-by-side as well as their French door fridges. LG and Bosch are also both highly preferred and well-respected brands.
What brand makes the most energy efficient refrigerators?
Energy-efficient refrigerators use less energy to keep food cold, saving you money on your electric bill. So, this might help you decide who makes the best refrigerator. Samsung and LG are two of the most energy-efficient brands, with models that use up to 50% less energy than the average refrigerator.
The information on this article is not a promise of service. While we present the most accurate information we can, customers must check each brand and model for the manufacturers’ information. Each model has their individual care and maintenance guidelines, normal expected use and lifespan with proper maintenance and care. Customers are responsible for checking information for their appliance, the user manual, manufacturer guidelines as well as using professional services.
Please see more list about Best fridge brand