Below are the best black bean and corn salad with honey lime dressing topics edited and compiled by us
If you’re in the mood for an easy and pleasing summer salad, look no further than this black bean and corn salad made with only fresh ingredients and a homemade spicy chipotle lime vinaigrette. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures.
I created this salad as a wonderful, fresh and totally gluten-free side dish that I knew everyone would love, regardless of their gluten-free status, and they do.
I’ve been making versions of this salad for years, using fresh corn when it’s in season, and chopping up a variety of fresh vegetables to add to the salad – pretty much adding whatever I have in the house.
This recipe is made with fresh sweet summer corn, which, when boiled, plumps up and becomes extra juicy. I combined the fresh corn with a diced bell pepper, diced jalapeno pepper, canned black beans, chopped red onions, and, of course, beautiful ripe avocados.
When combined and topped with my Chipotle Lime Dressing, you have one healthy, delicious and irresistible salad that is perfect for summer potluck BBQs or meal planning for the week.
For the Black Bean and Corn Salad:
To prepare the black bean and corn salad, gather the following ingredients:
- 3 corn ears, removed from the husk and washed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced into large chunks
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the corn cobs. Cook the corn for 3-4 minutes, then remove from water to cool. Once cool to the touch, remove the corn kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife moving in a downward direction. Add the corn to a large bowl along with all the other ingredients.
For the Chipotle Lime Dressing, you’ll need:
Combine the following ingredients in a small glass jar and mix together well:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
Pour dressing over the salad and toss the salad gently, leaving some of the shucked corn intact.
This salad is best served immediately as fresh vegetables can deteriorate quickly, especially avocados, which brown with exposure to air.
Can I make this salad ahead of time? Yes, you can easily make this black bean and corn salad ahead of time. Simply prepare all the salad ingredients, except for the avocado, and add them to a big bowl. Cover and store in your fridge until you’re ready to serve it, no more than one day prior to serving. Just before serving, add the avocado and dressing and toss.
How do I store leftovers? Store leftovers in your fridge for 1-2 days. The avocados will brown and the vegetables will turn quickly, so eat the salad as soon as you dress it.
Can I used canned corn? Yes, you can absolutely use canned corn. Just be sure to drain and rinse the canned corn. You could also use frozen corn, but I find frozen corn has a different texture that isn’t as good. If using frozen corn, be sure to defrost and drain it well.
I don’t like cilantro? What other herb do you recommend? If you don’t like cilantro, you can use Italian parsley and even a little mint or dill. This salad will enjoy whatever fresh herbs you add to it, although you can skip the herbs altogether too. The salad will still work well.
More Summer Recipes
Also try these summer recipes:
- Blackened Salmon Salad with Jalapeno Lime Vinaigrette
- Gluten-Free Pasta Salad Recipe with Homemade Italian Dressing
- Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- My Famous Gluten-Free Greek Salad
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad without the Gluten
Top 7 black bean and corn salad with honey lime dressing edited by Family Cuisine
Black Bean and Corn Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
- Author: kelseyandcooperskitchen.com
- Published: 02/04/2022
- Review: 4.99 (953 vote)
- Summary: Instructions
Corn and Black Bean Salad with Basil-Lime Vinaigrette
- Author: foodnetwork.com
- Published: 11/25/2021
- Review: 4.79 (393 vote)
- Summary: Directions For the salad: Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Peel back the corn husks. For the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, lime juice,
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Author: girlgonegourmet.com
- Published: 08/22/2022
- Review: 4.51 (433 vote)
- Summary: 15.05.2021 How to Make Black Bean Corn Salad. Make the dressing by whisking the lime juice, zest, olive oil, honey, salt, cayenne, and garlic pepper in a
Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Author: countryatheartrecipes.com
- Published: 06/16/2022
- Review: 4.2 (265 vote)
- Summary: Honey Lime Dressing extra-virgin olive oil lime juice honey lime zest kosher salt freshly ground black pepper cayenne pepper medium avocado
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Author: dinneratthezoo.com
- Published: 10/23/2022
- Review: 4.19 (279 vote)
- Summary: 05.06.2018 Place the black beans, corn, red onion, red bell pepper, avocado and jalapeno in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro,
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Author: allrecipes.com
- Published: 08/09/2022
- Review: 3.88 (281 vote)
- Summary: Place olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Close the lid tightly and shake the jar until the dressing is well combined
Black Bean & Corn Salad – Sahara Foods
- Author: saharafoods.co.za
- Published: 11/21/2021
- Review: 3.46 (249 vote)
- Summary: · It’s made with corn, black beans, bell pepper, onion, coriander and avocado, and tossed in a lime vinaigrette. Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Matching search results: If you’re in the mood for an easy and pleasing summer salad, look no further than this black bean and corn salad made with only fresh ingredients and a homemade spicy chipotle lime vinaigrette. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my …