Light and fluffy Blueberry Fluff Salad is a classic dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. This easy, no-bake dessert takes just 5 minutes to whip up and is loaded with blueberries, mini marshmallows, and sweet pineapple chunks.
Blueberry Fluff Recipe
This airy and flavorful blueberry salad is incredibly simple to make. With a soft purple color and fresh berry garnish, it makes for a gorgeous presentation. The combination of whipped topping and sour cream balances out the flavors, creating a dessert that’s not too sweet or too tart. That’s why it’s not only a great sweet treat but also a perfect side dish. You can even use it as a delicious dip with vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
You have various options for serving this delightful dessert. You can present it family-style in a large bowl, in cute individual pudding cups, or layer it in a trifle dish with angel food cake for an extra decadent touch.
If you can’t get enough blueberry recipes in your life, you’ll definitely want to try out our amazing Blueberry Dump Cake and Homemade Blueberry Bread recipes. Both are super easy crowd-pleasers that will satisfy your blueberry cravings.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Perfect last-minute dessert: This simple recipe is ideal for those times when you need a quick dessert for unexpected guests. You won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen; just stir the ingredients together and chill.
- Great any time of year: Since it uses canned pie filling, you don’t have to wait for fresh berry season to enjoy this salad. You can make it in the summer for backyard BBQs or as a delicious side dish for your holiday dinners.
- Versatile recipe: The beauty of this creamy dessert is that you can change up the pie filling to create a whole new dessert experience.
What’s Needed for this Blueberry Fluff Dessert Recipe
- Blueberry pie filling
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Sour cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Pineapple chunks (drained)
- Sliced almonds (slightly toasted)
- Fresh blueberries (for garnish)
How to Make Blueberry Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, and sour cream until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until fully incorporated.
- Drain the can of pineapple chunks and add them to the mixture, along with the almonds and mini marshmallows. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Serve the Blueberry Fluff Salad cold.
Can I Make This Fruit Fluff into a Blueberry Pie?
Absolutely! To transform this recipe into a blueberry pie, simply omit the sour cream and replace it with a block of cream cheese that has been brought to room temperature. Combine the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth, then fold in the other ingredients. Pour the mixture into a prepared graham cracker crust.
No Bake Blueberry Dessert Add-ins and Variations
This sweet salad recipe is highly versatile, allowing you to customize it in many wonderful ways. Here are some of our favorite variations:
- Peach blueberry fluff salad: Instead of using pineapple, add a well-drained can of peach slices or fresh peaches.
- Cherry fruit salad or pink fluff: Substitute the blueberry pie filling with cherry pie filling for a tasty and fun variation.
- Two-berry fluff salad recipe: Mix in fresh strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries to add amazing taste and color.
- Cranberry fluff: Use a can of cranberry sauce instead of the pie filling for a perfect side dish for your Christmas dinner.
- Blueberry banana salad: Replace the pineapple chunks with 2 to 3 sliced ripe bananas.
- Blueberry marshmallow fluff: Swap the mini marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk for a jar of marshmallow fluff. Mix it in with the pie filling before folding in the whipped topping.
- Blueberry lemon fluff: Add about 1/2 cup of lemon curd instead of the pineapple. Garnish with slices of real lemons and fresh blueberries.
- Add-ins: Customize your own version of this dessert by adding ingredients like cottage cheese, coconut flakes, or fresh diced fruit.
- If you’re not a fan of canned pie filling, you can always use homemade blueberry pie filling instead.
- For extra color, consider using colored marshmallows instead of white marshmallows.
- Crushed pineapple can be used instead of pineapple chunks for a smoother texture.
- Feel free to replace the almonds with pecans or walnuts for a different nutty flavor. If you prefer no nuts, you can omit them altogether.
- Substitute Cool Whip with stabilized homemade whipped topping made with heavy whipping cream.
- Use light sour cream instead of full-fat sour cream. You can also swap out the Cool Whip with a container of light Cool Whip, or use unflavored Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
How to Store Blueberry Fluff
Cover any leftover salad with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you Freeze Fruit Fluff Salad?
While you can freeze this fluff, keep in mind that the texture may change when it’s thawed. The whipped topping can begin to separate, resulting in a less appealing appearance compared to when it is served fresh.
Can I Make this Fluff Salad in Advance?
Yes, you can make this dessert salad in advance, up to a day before you want to serve it. Simply store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Want More No Bake Desserts?
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Kool Aid Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Layer Cake
- Banana Split Cake
- Peanut Butter Bars
For more delicious recipes and cooking inspiration, visit Family Cuisine.