Who doesn’t love a delicious slice of cake for afternoon tea? This Blueberry Loaf Cake recipe is not only quick and easy to make, but it’s also incredibly moist and bursting with flavor. With just one bowl and a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this delectable treat in no time. Let’s dive in and discover how to make this delightful Blueberry Loaf Cake!
Blueberry Bread Loaf: Quick and Easy
This Blueberry Bread Loaf gets its name for a reason – it’s incredibly quick and easy to prepare. In fact, you can have the batter ready in less than 10 minutes! Simply whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add eggs, yogurt, oil, lemon zest, and vanilla, and fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into a pan and bake. It’s as easy as that – just one bowl and no mixer required!
Ingredients in Blueberry Loaf Bread
To make this Blueberry Loaf Cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen, the choice is yours!
- Yogurt: Any plain, unsweetened yogurt will work.
- Flour: Plain/all-purpose flour is perfect for this recipe.
- Oil: Use a plain-flavored oil like canola or vegetable oil.
- Baking powder: This provides the lift and makes the crumb soft.
- Lemon: The classic pairing with blueberries, adding a burst of freshness.
- Sugar: This recipe uses less sugar than most, for a perfect balance of sweetness.
- Eggs: Large eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla: For flavor enhancement.
- Salt: Just a touch to bring out the flavors.
How to Make Blueberry Loaf Bread
Making this Blueberry Loaf Bread is super quick and easy – it’s a quick bread recipe, after all!
- Toss the blueberries in flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients – eggs, yogurt, lemon, vanilla, and oil – and mix just until combined.
- Gently stir in the flour-coated blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a lined loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for an additional 15 to 25 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once baked, let it cool and voila! Your Blueberry Loaf Cake is ready to be devoured!
Lemon Glaze for an Extra Touch
While this Blueberry Loaf Cake is delicious on its own, you can take it to the next level with a simple lemon glaze. Dusting it with icing sugar works too if you’re short on time. If you’re in the mood for a tangy twist, here’s what you’ll need for the glaze:
- Soft icing sugar/powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Milk (if needed to achieve the right consistency)
Mix the ingredients together, adding milk gradually until you reach the desired thickness. Be careful not to make the glaze too thin! Drizzle the glaze over the cooled Blueberry Loaf Cake for an extra touch of sweetness.
The weekend is here, and it’s the perfect time to treat yourself to a slice of this mouthwatering Blueberry Loaf Cake. Whether you enjoy it with the lemon glaze or simply dusted with icing sugar, this cake is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. So go ahead, indulge in this easy and delicious recipe!
To find more delectable recipes like this one, visit Family Cuisine. Happy baking!
Watch how to make it
Original recipe published in June 2016. Post updated with new photos, ingredient photos, step photos, and a recipe video.
More afternoon tea favorites
And more blueberry recipes
In case you’re lucky enough to have an abundance of blueberries, here are a few more recipes to try:
Life of Dozer
Before we wrap up, here’s a little something to make you smile. Meet Dozer, the adorable pup who couldn’t resist the aroma of this delicious Blueberry Loaf Cake. While we can’t share the drool-filled photo, here’s a cute picture of Dozer as a reminder of how unexpected things can bring us joy.
Enjoy your baking adventure, and remember to share the love – and the cake – with your loved ones! – Nagi x