Delicious Asian Chinese flavor beef stew with radish instant pot is one of my comfort foods. This Cantonese style Chinese braised beef brisket and daikon instant pot recipe takes around 2 hours. Wanna know how to make this tasty dish? See the details and video below.
Love Asian food? Check out these ma yi shang shu, gyudon beef bowl, laksa noodle soup recipes.
What is braised beef and radish?
Cantonese style braised beef and radish is a classic and famous Chinese dish. Not only the beef is soft and tender, but also the daikon is juicy. Also, it often serves with rice or noodles. For example, braised beef ho fun noodle soup is one of the popular noodle soups.
Instant pot braised beef brisket and daikon
Braised beef and daikon normally takes a few hours slowly cook them over the stove, so the meat will be tender and juicy. Some people like to use slow cooker or instant pot to make this Asian beef stew.
Personally, I love to use instant pot pressure cooker to make this Chinese beef brisket recipe because it is faster and can keep the meat soft and moist. Besides, daikon soak in the sauce makes it amazing delicious!
The previous braised beef ho fun noodle soup recipe, I use the same ingredients but different ways to cook them. I put all the ingredients into instant pot and manual for 60 minutes and natural release. This way is so easy and less work. But, daikon will be softer.
Some people don’t like radish too soft. Therefore, this time I showed another way to cook Chinese braised brisket beef in pressure cooker that radish will not too soft, yet it cooks through and juicy.
What are the ingredients in Chinese braised beef and turnip?
I try to keep it simple. The main ingredients are beef, daikon, ginger, garlic, cloves, star anise and green onion. Often people like to use brisket beef. However, I like to use beef chunks roast boneless because it is cheaper, leaner and easier to find at the regular grocery store. Brisket beef is hard to find near where I live.
Cooking tips for how to make instant pot Asian beef stew:
- Wash, cut beef and radish into chunks
- Add ginger, garlic, clove, star anise, beef brisket or beef roast into pressure cooker, then add the sauce and mix them well. Manual for 45 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
- After that, add daikon mix them with sauce and beef and manual for 15 minutes at high pressure and natural release pressure.
What kind of beef do you use?
Often people like to use brisket beef. However, I like to use beef chunk roast boneless because it is cheaper, leaner and easier to find at the regular grocery store. Brisket beef is hard to find near where I live.
How do you handle the beef brisket or beef chunk roast?
Some people like to boil them to remove oil and blood. But, I normally skip this step and use a strainer to remove fat after cooking. So, the sauce won’t be too oily.
Instructions for how to make instant pot braised beef brisket and daikon:
1. Wash, peel off radish skin and cut them into chunks. Then, set them aside.
2. Wash and cut beef roast into chunks.
3. After that, put 4 cloves of garlic, 5 slices of ginger, 5 pieces of star anise, 6 pieces of clove and beef roast. Next, add ½ teaspoon of salt, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 cup of water. Mix them well. Close the lid and vent, then push manual button adjust time to 45 minutes at high pressure and nature release pressure.
4. After the pressure release, add radish into instant pot. Then, close the lid and vent. Push manual button and adjust time for 15 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
5. Add green onion and mix them will. You can use a strainer to remove oil or fat. (If you want the sauce thicker, you can thicken the sauce by adding corn starch and water.)
Enjoy this simple and tasty Cantonese style Asian beef stew recipe! Also, check out these soy sauce chicken, beef stew and BBQ pork instant pot recipes.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- CURRY FISH BALL AND RADISH
- BRAISED CHINESE MUSHROOMS
- TARO & TAPIOCA PEARL DESSERT
- TURNIP CAKE
Subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates.
For more information, please see more information about Chinese beef stew with daikon