This buttery nipple shot is a scrumptious cocktail made with butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream! Serve this as a shot or full dimension cocktail any time you need a little bit one thing particular.This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are my very own.I’m not normally one to make fancy photographs. I’d fairly sip a cocktail for some time to take pleasure in it. However after making an attempt this buttery nipple recipe (often known as a butterball) I knew I needed to share it with you guys!It is a easy, two layered cocktail that’s fairly candy. It might make an ideal after dinner drink, or take pleasure in it on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New 12 months’s. It’s so versatile!Butterscotch has at all times been my favourite sweet taste (I do know, I’m an previous girl at coronary heart), and the cream on high makes the entire thing style like butterscotch pudding. These photographs go down dangerously easy, so make sure to drink responsibly!I don’t drink lots of Irish cream, so I used to be excited to search out these little mini fridge bottles on the liquor retailer! They maintain simply sufficient for a pair photographs and also you don’t have a ton of leftovers sitting round.Irish cream does keep good for about 6 months as soon as opened if saved in a cool, dry place or the fridge, so when you have an enormous bottle you’ll be having fun with these for months!
Buttery nipple elements
- Butterscotch schnapps (affiliate hyperlink)
- Irish cream
Learn how to make a buttery nipple shot
- Add 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps to a calming shot glass.
- Pour ½ ounce Irish cream over the again of a bar spoon to float it on high of the schnapps (make sure to watch the video and see ideas beneath for extra on how to do that).
High ideas and questions
What sort of shot glass to make use of
Since it is a layered cocktail, it seems nice in a tall, clear shot glass (affiliate hyperlink). Should you’re mixing your drink you should utilize no matter shot glass you’d like.
Learn how to layer a cocktail
Use a bar spoon or different small spoon. This helps be certain that the spoon can match contained in the shot glass.Maintain the spoon in order that it touches the within of the glass simply above or touching the primary layer, tilting it barely down.Pour the liquid slowly over the again of the spoon, elevating the spoon gently with the liquid within the glass because it rises.
Can I make this a full dimension cocktail?
You may make a buttery nipple cocktail that isn’t a shot by shaking up the identical proportions of the elements with ice in a cocktail shaker, then straining right into a rocks or martini glass. It is vitally wealthy, so I might advocate beginning with 3 ounces of schnapps and 1 ½ ounces of Irish cream.
Can I make this non-alcoholic?
If this sounds good however you don’t drink alcohol, I might actually simply advocate getting your self a bag of Werther’s. Nevertheless, when you actually need a drink you may attempt utilizing Torani Butterscotch Syrup with do-it-yourself Irish cream (leaving out the whiskey).
- Make it a slippery nipple by substituting the butterscotch schnapps for sambuca. It has an anise taste that offers you a shot that tastes a little bit extra like a cocktail than sweet whereas nonetheless being extremely easy.
- Add a drop of grenadine on the finish to create a “nipple” look.
- Cut back the schnapps to 1 ounce and add ½ ounce of vodka, Fireball, or Goldschlager earlier than floating the Irish cream.
- Cut back the schnapps to ½ ounce and add ½ ounce amaretto earlier than floating the Irish cream.
- Change the proportions of schnapps and cream to your liking.
- Mini measuring cup – I like utilizing these little guys for measuring cocktail elements
- Jigger – If all you’ve gotten is a jigger, you may measure with that as an alternative
- Shot glass – I like these traditional, heavy bottomed glasses
- Bar spoon – that is essential for floating your cocktail, if you’ll be mixing it you gained’t want it