A delightful batch of warm and chewy chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the air fryer! These cookies have a crispy exterior and a gooey interior that will leave you craving for more. Trust me, you’re going to adore these treats!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies: A Delightful Treat
These days, the weather can get scorching hot! In fact, we’ve been experiencing record-setting temperatures. And when it’s that hot outside, the last thing you want to do is heat up your entire kitchen by turning on the oven. But fear not, my friend, because I have a solution for your cookie cravings.
Introducing the air fryer!
If you’re not familiar with the air fryer game, let me tell you, it’s a game changer! No need to preheat, and it can deliver perfectly baked cookies without heating up your entire kitchen.
So, I’ve come up with a recipe for a small batch of warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies that are specifically designed for the air fryer. Trust me, you won’t regret trying these out, especially on those hot summer days or when you need a tasty treat in your dorm room!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer
For your convenience, the detailed list of ingredients and instructions can be found below in the printable recipe card.
- Butter: I prefer using salted butter, but if you only have unsalted, just add a pinch of salt to the cookie dough.
- Brown Sugar: The combination of both sugars will give your chocolate chip cookies the perfect flavor and texture.
- Egg Yolk
- Vanilla: I recommend Watkin’s or Lorann Oils brand for the best flavor.
- Flour: Regular all-purpose flour will do the trick.
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips: Choose your favorite kind! Milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or bittersweet all work wonderfully in these cookies.
How to Bake Cookies in the Air Fryer
- Start by mixing your butter and sugar together until creamy and well combined. You can use a mixer or do it by hand. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until the mixture becomes light in color and creamy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Avoid overmixing the dough once the flour is added to prevent dry and cakey cookies.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Important tip: To ensure your cookies bake properly, avoid using parchment paper alone. Place your cookie dough balls on a pan (preferably something oven-safe that fits in your air fryer). I usually use the bottom of my springform pan. This allows for even baking, with the air fryer cooking the tops of the cookies and the solid surface of the pan baking the bottoms.
- Preheat your air fryer to 300°F (150°C) and bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes. Once they’re done, let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes before enjoying.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully baked chocolate chip cookies in your air fryer. Enjoy the deliciousness!
Making Giant Air Fryer Cookies
If you’re feeling especially indulgent (like me!), you can make one giant cookie instead of six smaller ones. Just roll all the cookie dough into one large cookie. Flatten it slightly before putting it in the air fryer. Cook it at 300°F (150°C) for 8-11 minutes. Remember to let the cookie cool on the pan before devouring it. This helps the insides to finish baking and ensures a perfect treat!
Can You Bake These Air Fryer Cookies in the Oven?
Absolutely! This recipe works great for a small batch of cookies. If you prefer to use the oven, preheat it to 350°F (175°C). Bake the smaller cookies for 8-11 minutes and the giant cookie for 11-13 minutes.
Storing Leftover Chocolate Chip Air Fryer Cookies
In case you have some cookies left over (which is highly unlikely!), store them in an airtight container on the counter. They should stay fresh for a few days, but trust me, they won’t last that long!
Frequently Asked Questions about Air Fryer Cookies
More Cookie Recipes
- Insomnia Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Crumbl Chilled Sugar Cookies
- Twix Cookies
Feel free to explore the latest recipes on our website!