If you’re constantly on the lookout for ways to incorporate more vegetables into your weeknight dinners, then this sautéed frozen green beans recipe is perfect for you. With just four simple ingredients, this side dish is a breeze to make and adds a healthy dose of veggies to your dinner table. Whether it’s a busy weeknight or a special occasion, the whole family will love this tasty dish, and you’ll appreciate how low maintenance it is to prepare!
- Frozen Green Beans: Look for extra fine or thin green beans that are whole, not chopped, for the best texture.
- Black Pepper
- Avocado Oil: You can also use olive oil or another vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Cook covered: Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the frozen green beans to the skillet in a single layer and cover. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Cook uncovered: After the green beans are cooked through and tender, stir in your seasonings and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook uncovered for a couple of minutes, stirring often to lightly crisp the beans.
Leftovers and Storage
To store leftover sautéed green beans, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. When reheating, you can either warm them in a skillet over medium-low heat or use a microwave.
Make it Your Own
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity and adaptability. Here are some ideas to elevate this green side dish:
- Garlic: Add 1-2 cloves of minced fresh garlic or ½ teaspoon of garlic powder along with the salt and pepper.
- Onions: Sauté sliced onions until tender and starting to caramelize. Then, add the green beans and continue with the recipe. Alternatively, you can add ½ teaspoon of onion powder with the salt and pepper.
- Ginger: Incorporate 1 tablespoon of minced ginger along with the salt and pepper.
- Additional Seasonings: Experiment with different dried herbs, such as Italian seasoning or other herbs of your choice. You can also add a kick of heat with ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Buttery Sautéed Green Beans: Substitute butter for avocado oil and drizzle some melted butter on top when serving.
- Bacon: Cook 2 slices of bacon, remove them from the pan, and crumble them. Use 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease instead of avocado oil to cook the beans. Finish by sprinkling the crumbled bacon on top.
- Balsamic Green Beans: Stir in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar along with the seasonings.
To add some extra pizzazz, consider these garnishes:
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Chopped Fresh Herbs (such as parsley, basil, green onions, or dill)
- Lemon Zest and a Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Chopped Roasted Almonds or Pecans
These frozen sautéed green beans pair well with various dishes. Here are a few recommendations:
- Lemon Herb Cod
- Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan
- Lemon Herb Shrimp and Rice
- Sautéed Spinach Pasta
If you have dietary restrictions, it’s essential to double-check the ingredients you’re using to ensure they are compliant. This recipe is suitable for:
And if you liked this recipe…
…you might also enjoy trying out these dishes:
- Cajun Honey Butter Corn (Made with Frozen Corn)
- Baked Herb Tomato Zucchini
- Sautéed Carrots and Spinach
For more delicious recipes and cooking inspiration, check out Family Cuisine. Enjoy your sautéed frozen green beans!