Love sheet pan dinners? So do we! 5 minute of prep time, 30 minutes in the oven, and done. And the combinations are endless! We see a lot of these in our future… We’re starting with a Cauliflower Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner that packs so much flavor, it will knock your socks off.
We might be a little late to the sheet pan dinner game but, here we are! We have fallen in love with them, and not letting them go!
I mean, what’s not to like? They’re easy and quick to prepare; they’re a one-pot (or, in this case, sheet pan ) meal and they’re incredibly versatile.
How to Make Great Sheet Pan Dinners Every Time
The steps are quite simple, and you can use you favorite ingredient combinations:
- First, choose your veggies : we always recommend going with what’s in season. So, during the fall, you could go with pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes… For winter Kale, chard, cauliflower, familycuisine.net spring, you can choose asparagus, beets, fresh peas… And corn, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes for summer. You can even try frozen veggies as a shortcut, if you don’t have time to shop and prep! For this recipe, we used cauliflower, baby bella mushrooms and grape tomatoes.
- Next, choose your protein: we go for vegan and vegetarian options, such as tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, vegetarian sausages, veggie chicken, seitan, etc. For this recipe, we used canned chickpeas.
- Then, select a flavor profile: In the mood for Mexican? Try chili powder, cumin, chili lime or taco seasoning. Love Middle Eastern flavors? You’ll love using za’atar, sumac. For a Moroccan flare, go with harissa, cumin and turmeric. Asian? Use Teriyaki sauce, ginger and soy. For this recipe we went with Mediterranean flavors and used sumac and oregano.
- Next step, choose your liquid: we love adding balsamic vinegar or lemon juice for a touch of acidity, and soy sauce and coconut aminos for a balance of sweetness and saltiness. These liquids will also add moisture and help infuse flavor into the veggies as they cook. Here we used balsamic vinegar and olive oil, to go with the Mediterranean flavor profile.
- After you have chosen all your ingredients, place the veggies and protein on a sheet pan, lined with parchment.
- Combine your salt (as much or as little as you want), seasoning and liquid, pour it on the veggies, and toss everything together.
- And for the final step, bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
A couple of tips to make your sheet pan dinner even better:
- Try choosing veggies with similar roasting times, or cut the ones that take longer to cook into smaller pieces, so everything cooks at once.
- You can add a sauce to finish the dish: tahini , a spicy mayo, teriyaki, sriracha… use your favorite, to add an extra layer of flavor (although we found it’s usually not needed!)
Other Delicious Cauliflower Recipes:
Did you like our sheet pan dinner recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe. It would help us tremendously if you left us a star rating in the comments below or on the recipe card. Do you have any questions about the recipe or do you need a swap for any of the ingredients? We are here to help, just leave us a question in the comments below.