What is Chick Fil A Kale Crunch Salad?
This copycat recipe is an easy homemade version of the popular side dish from Chick Fil A Chicken restaurants. This superfood dish is easy to recreate at home in a large batch and makes a perfect side dish to many dishes. The combo of kale and Napa cabbage greens also means this salad stores much better than most making it an ideal side for leftovers the next day or meal prep. The homemade maple mustard vinaigrette is so easy to make and will soon become a favorite.
What are the ingredients in Chick Fil A Kale Crunch Salad?
I tried to make this salad as close a match to the version served in the restaurant as possible. Later in the post I will discuss some additional items that you can add to make the salad more of a meal in and of itself, or simply to mix up the ingredients. For the restaurant-style salad, here is what you will need:
- For the salad itself, you will need:
- Curly kale
- Napa Cabbage
- Slivered almonds
- For the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Stone ground mustard
- Maple Syrup
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How do I make Chick Fil A Kale Crunch Salad?
Begin by prepping the greens. For the kale, remove the tough center stems and discard. Roughly chop the greens into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. For the Napa cabbage, remove any tough lower stalks and thinly slice the leaves, halving or thirding if needed or desired. Add to the bowl with the kale.
Next make the dressing. Add all the ingredients to a small glass or jar and shake or stir well to fully combine.
Pour the dressing over the greens and toss, massaging the dressing into the greens as you go. I feel this helps the greens absorb more of the dressing and provide for the best flavor. Add a handful of the almonds, use to your taste and toss to combine.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
What could I add to Chick Fil A Kale Crunch Salad?
As I mentioned before, the recipe I have shared in this post is as close the the restaurant version as I could make. However, this salad is very versatile and there are many things you can add to make it your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some protein:
- Diced ham or turkey
- Sliced chicken breast
- Hard boiled eggs
- Some Seeds:
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries
- Cubed apples
- Pomegranate aerials
- Butternut squash cubes
- Sliced button mushrooms
- Add some flavorings:
- Bacon crumbles
- Swap the slivered almonds for some smoked almonds or toasted pecans
What to serve with Chick Fil A Kale Salad?
While CHICKEN! seems obvious, and is a great option, here are a few other favorites you may try that would go great with this salad:
- Make it a brunch and pair with this Jalapeno Popper Spanish Tortilla that combines eggs and potatoes in a spicy twist on the traditional dish.
- Have a light meal with Air Fryer Focaccia, a super-customizable bread that would be great with this salad.
- Almost Instant Calzones are a super-simple dish that even kids can easily make. Think calzones in sandwich form. Combined with Chick Fil A Kale Salad would make a great lunch or light dinner.
- Instant Pot Minestrone is another healthy dish that combines a cold weather favorite of soup-and salad.
- Double-down on the restaurant at home dishes and try this Copycat Panera French Onion Soup.
Instant Pot Garlic Noodles are a dump and go dish of easy, creamy noodles. It pairs perfectly with the fresh vinaigrette on this salad which can easily be made in the brief time it takes to cook.
Please see more list about Kale salad at chick fil a