I don’t know about you, but my family is always on the go these days. That’s why I absolutely love this chicken fajita soup recipe. It’s so easy to make – just dump everything into the slow cooker, turn it on, and it’ll be ready when you are. Talk about the perfect dinner recipe for busy families!
A Kid-Friendly and Crowd-Pleasing Dish
If you have picky eaters at home, this recipe is a must-try. Serve the soup with some tortilla chips, and you’ll have happy kids. It’s also a fantastic dish to bring to potlucks, as everyone will be asking for the recipe. The best part is that you can tailor it to your family’s taste preferences, making it even better!
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Frozen corn
- Black beans
- Dried cilantro
- Shredded cheddar cheese
If you prefer not to use canned cream of chicken soup, you can even make your own homemade version. Check out this homemade cream of chicken soup recipe for a healthier alternative.
Don’t Forget These Essential Tools
To make this recipe even easier, make sure you have the following items on hand:
- Slow cooker (I recommend this one with a locking lid, perfect for travel)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
- Forks or a mixer for shredding
- Slow cooker liners (optional)
By using slow cooker liners, cleaning up after cooking becomes a breeze. You can find them on Amazon or at your local grocery store for a reasonable price. Who doesn’t love easy cleanup, right?
Perfectly Simple Dinner Recipes
If you love this chicken fajita soup, you’ll adore our most popular cookbook, “Dinner Made Easy”. It’s filled with quick, easy, and delicious family dinner recipes that have been picky-eater approved. The cookbook covers a wide range of categories, including 30 Minutes or Less, 5 Ingredients or Less, Pantry Essentials, Slow Cooker Meals, Freezer Meals, One Pan, One Pot, and Casseroles. With mouth-watering photos and simple directions, this cookbook is a game-changer for busy families. Order your copy today by clicking here.
Instructions for the Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
If you’re looking for a super simple yet tasty dinner recipe, you’ve found it! Let’s get started with the instructions:
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the raw chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, salsa, drained and rinsed black beans, corn, water, cumin, and cilantro. Mix everything together, then pour it over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours (adjust if using frozen chicken).
- Once the timer runs out, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred them using two forks or a mixer.
- Return the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker, add the shredded cheddar cheese, and let the soup cook for an additional 15 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the soup with your favorite fajita toppings such as diced tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
More Dump and Go Recipes
If you enjoyed making this slow cooker chicken fajita soup, you won’t want to miss our amazing YouTube channel. We have an awesome slow cooker chicken fajita recipe that is both delicious and incredibly simple. In just a matter of minutes, you’ll have a fantastic dinner ready in your slow cooker.
Looking for more soup ideas? Check out our 30 BEST Easy Soup Recipes for even more tasty inspiration.
Explore Other Amazing Soup Recipes
If you’re a fan of soups, here are some other incredible recipes you should definitely try:
- Instant Pot Loaded Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- White Cheddar Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Skinny White Bean Chicken Chili (Great for Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup
Remember, for more fantastic recipes and cooking ideas, visit Family Cuisine. Happy cooking!