Are you looking for a scrumptious meal that won’t take up too much of your time? Look no further than this 20 Minutes ONLY Taiwanese 3 Cup Chicken Noodle Stir-fry recipe. It’s incredibly easy and tasty, perfect for those busy days when you crave something savory and delicious.
A Versatile Recipe with a Twist
This homey dish strikes the perfect balance between sweet, savory, and spicy flavors. Even if you’re a vegetarian, you can still enjoy this meal by substituting chicken with Shiitake mushrooms. Trust me, it will be just as delicious. However, be warned: once you try this recipe, you might find yourself making it again and again!
The Classic Taiwanese Delight
3 Cup Chicken is a beloved Taiwanese dish found at street stalls, beerhouses, restaurants, and night markets. While I have a recipe for Traditional 3 Cup Chicken that pairs perfectly with rice, my 3 Cup Chicken Noodle Stir-fry is a quick and tasty alternative. With this sauce, I guarantee it will be delicious every single time.
The Story Behind 3 Cup Chicken
Why is it called 3 Cup Chicken? Traditionally, it’s made with only three simple ingredients: Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Chinese Cooking Wine. While this method is great, some find it heavy or don’t consume alcohol. That’s why I’ve made some alterations to create a lighter yet equally authentic flavor in my 3 Cup Chicken Noodle Stir-fry.
Basil: The Exotic Aroma Booster
An essential ingredient that you cannot skip in 3 Cup Chicken is Basil. For the traditional flavor, I recommend using ALOT of Thai Basil, but regular Basil works just as well. Basil helps cut down the dish’s heaviness while adding an exotic aroma and refreshing touch. To enhance the taste, I suggest using boneless Chicken thigh with the skin on for its rich flavor.
Choosing the Perfect Noodles
For this recipe, I am using Shanghai Noodles, which you can find at T&T Supermarket. However, feel free to use any noodles you prefer. Yellow stir-fry noodles or udon noodles are great alternatives. Simply cook the noodles according to the instructions, rinse with cold water, and set aside. If using frozen udon, pour hot water over them and let them sit for 5 minutes before draining and rinsing with cold water.
More 20 Minutes ONLY Recipes to Try
If you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe, I highly recommend trying out these other 20 MINUTES ONLY dishes:
- Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
- Restaurant-Style 20 Minutes Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce
- Asian Honey Garlic Potatoes
- Fried Tofu with Garlic Sauce
- Spicy Garlic Peanut Noodles
Let’s Get Cooking!
Now that we’ve covered the essentials, it’s time to get cooking. Follow these simple steps to whip up a delicious 3 Cup Chicken Noodle Stir-fry in no time:
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar until combined.
- Cook the noodles as per the instructions, drain, and set aside.
- In a pan, drizzle some oil and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once the pan is hot, add in the chicken and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes, add in sliced ginger, garlic, and chopped red chili. Saute together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan and pour in the sauce. If you consume alcohol, you can also add Chinese cooking wine. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add Thai basil and sauté on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
For the best results, I recommend using the following preferred brands:
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Chinese Cooking Wine (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Now you’re ready to create a delightful and satisfying 3 Cup Chicken Noodle Stir-fry. Don’t forget to enjoy it with your loved ones and savor every bite. For more delicious family-friendly recipes, visit Family Cuisine. Happy cooking!