Hello there, comforting Chicken Gnocchi Soup! This article contains referral links for products we adore. Pinch of Yum receives a small commission on these links at no extra cost to you, and they will always be marked with an asterisk. We ♡ transparency!
I’m absolutely delighted to have you here, simmering away in my crockpot, with your creamy and delectable goodness. Now, let me slip into my comfiest sweatpants, don my thickest socks, and grab my deepest bowl so I can savor the best of this cozy season right from my couch. Let’s get started!
Everything You Need for Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- WATCH How to Make This Soup
- Frequently Asked Questions About Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Ingredients You Need for Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Prefer Watching Over Reading?
Why This Gnocchi Soup Is So Irresistible
This is a revamped version of an old recipe that was inspired by a friend. What I absolutely adore about this soup is that it has several standout qualities:
- It closely resembles the genius and ever-popular gnocchi soup from Olive Garden.
- It reminds me of the chicken wild rice soup, as it starts with simple ingredients like carrots, celery, onions, chicken, spices, and broth in a crockpot. You know how much I adore my crockpot soups, especially chicken wild rice soup. Shoutout to Minnesota!
- Unlike the wild rice soup, this chicken gnocchi soup achieves its thickness through evaporated milk and a quick cornstarch slurry. So, if you’re yearning for a thick and creamy soup without using a roux base with butter, flour, and cream, this magic recipe is for you. ✨
- GNOCCHI. Those delightful little dumplings of joy swimming throughout the chicken gnocchi soup bring everything together. Every time I make this soup, Bjork can’t help but rave about “the dumplings” for at least five minutes. I could almost call this Chicken and Dumpling soup, but let’s give ourselves a pat on the back for the presence of carrots, celery, sautéed garlic spinach, and of course, bacon. I never forget the bacon!
Frequently Asked Questions: Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
How Do You Make Gnocchi?
To me, crockpot chicken gnocchi soup means a recipe that can be swiftly and effortlessly prepared using high-quality ingredients.
If I don’t happen to have any fresh homemade gnocchi on hand (which, let’s be honest, almost never happens because homemade gnocchi vanishes in seconds around here), I opt for store-bought gnocchi. These savory and fluffy little bites of perfection blend in seamlessly when stirred in at the end of the cooking process.
Other Ingredients You’ll Need for This Soup
We’ve already covered the convenient store-bought gnocchi, but here’s what else you’ll need to make this soup:
- Mirepoix (a mixture of carrots, celery, and onion)
- Chicken broth
- Evaporated milk (trust me)
- And BACON (yes, yes, yes)
How to Prepare Chicken Gnocchi Soup
There are only three steps. Yes, you read that right. Just three steps, and you’re good to go.
- Add everything to the crockpot: Place the chicken, mirepoix, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt, and chicken broth in a crockpot or slow cooker. You can even shred the chicken right in the crockpot after cooking.
- Thicken the soup: Introduce the evaporated milk, cornstarch, and gnocchi. Give it a good stir. This is how you’ll cook your gnocchi without needing an extra pot!
- Crisp up your bacon: Ah, the best part. Crisp up that bacon, then add the spinach and garlic. Combine it all together and voila, you’re done!
This recipe is incredibly simple and undeniably scrumptious. Serve it alongside a delightful green salad, and you have a comforting dinner ready to enjoy.
Perfect for Meal Delivery
I can envision this chicken gnocchi soup being the perfect dish to bring to a new mom or a sick friend. It’s effortless to put together, boasts a satisfying flavor that families adore, incorporates some wholesome vegetables amidst all that creamy deliciousness, and it keeps well in the fridge or freezer. It’s a win-win-win all around.
I’ve brought it to a few friends along with a loaf of the Miracle No-Knead Bread, and the combination of the bread and chicken gnocchi soup receives rave reviews every time.
Truly a match made in heaven, wouldn’t you agree?
This recipe was adapted from Jessica’s version, who introduced me to the brilliance of using evaporated milk!
More Creamy Soup Recipes That You Need Right Now:
- Basic + Awesome Broccoli Cheese Soup (a perfect cozy classic)
- Ang’s Creamy Tortellini Soup (rich, creamy, and so delicious!)
- 5 Ingredient Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Kale Pesto (easy, cheesy yum in a bowl)
- Lemon Chicken Soup with Orzo (a creamy, cream-less wonder)
- Basic + Awesome Creamy Potato Soup (comforting and ridiculously delicious)
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our all-star slow cooker recipes page. Check it out!