Post was Updated on June 9, 2022
Quick and easy way to cook frozen asparagus in the air fryer in just 15 minutes. It is healthy, easy to make and it is keto-friendly. You can cook it directly from frozen and experiment with spices. Serve as is, with a squeeze of lemon or grated parmesan.
We all know that asparagus is full of vitamins and we need to eat it more often than we do.
Sure, if the outside is spring it’s not a problem to take a punch of fresh asparagus, but what to do the rest of the year?
And today, I have a solution for you. If we are not in the season, you can go to the store, to buy a few packages with frozen asparagus and to keep them in the fridge.
When you will need to serve something delicious and healthy on the table, just take one of those bags with frozen asparagus and follow this easy recipe.
We will use a little bit of butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. That’s it. Asparagus has such a thin taste that I don’t want to cover it with anything.
This recipe is perfect for those who follow a keto diet, you can serve it with a sauce based on sour cream or mayonnaise.
🔖 What You Will Find in This Post?
- Why you don’t need to defrost the asparagus.
- How to avoid the bitter taste of the cooked garlic.
- How to store any leftovers of asparagus after you will cook it.
👩🍳How to Cook the Frozen Asparagus in Air Fryer?
- Cook the asparagus dirrectly from the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the seasoning sauce.
- Pour the seasoning sauce over the asparagus and mix everything well.
- Cook the asparagus for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve as is or near your favorite meat or fish.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- A perfect recipe for those who have asparagus reserves in the freezer.
- It cooks very easily and quickly.
- It is a light and healthy garnish that you can combine with a lot of dishes.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Frozen Asparagus. You can replace it with fresh asparagus. In that case, you should reduce the cooking time.
- Melted Butter. Butter goes well with asparagus, but if you want a vegan recipe, replace the butter with your favorite oil.
- Garlic. I used fresh garlic because it is more flavorful, but of course, you can replace it with garlic powder or if you don’t like garlic you can omit it altogether. Be careful not to burn the garlic because all the food will have a bitter taste.
- Seasoning. I used only a simple mix of salt and pepper because the asparagus has a fine taste and I didn’t want to cover it with strong spices.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Put the asparagus immediately removed from the freezer in the air fryer basket and cook it for about 10-12 minutes at 400°F / 200°C.
Quick Note: Cooking time may differ on the amount of the asparagus you cook, how big they are, and your air fryer model. In my case, I cooked the asparagus for 12 minutes in the Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT. Also, keep in mind that we don’t cook till the end. After we will season the asparagus, we will cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the seasonings for the asparagus. Pour the melted butter into a bowl, grind the garlic over it and season everything with salt and pepper.
After the timer ended on the air fryer, move the asparagus into a large bowl and pour over it the sauce with seasonings that we just did.
Mix well all the asparagus to make sure that all the pieces of asparagus are covered evenly with seasonings.
Return the asparagus back to the air fryer and cook for another 3-4 minutes at 400°F / 200°C.
The asparagus is ready to be served. It is good to serve both hot and cold.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Don’t let the asparagus thaw, it will become soft and unappetizing. Cook it from frozen.
- In case if you will use garlic, season the asparagus at the end of the cooking time, otherwise, the garlic could burn and you will get a bitter taste.
- You could sprinkle the seasoned asparagus with a little Parmesan cheese you will get an even more delicious taste.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
This is a healthy and tasty garnish that you can serve with any kind of meat or fish. Another great idea is to serve it with a poached egg and you would get a perfect breakfast.
Here are some recipes that would be perfect with this asparagus:
📋 Recipe Card:
For more information, please see more information about Can you roast frozen asparagus