These boozy dessert drinks are best enjoyed after dinner! Pick from classic dessert cocktails like the Mudslide, Grasshopper, and more.
There are aperitifs before a meal, and cocktails meant for drinking with food. There are slow sippers meant for a night cap. But a whole other category of cocktails is dessert drinks! These beverages aren’t just sweet: they’re rich and creamy, designed for slow sipping after dinner. Sometimes they’re chocolate flavored, or they’ve got a hint of coffee or fresh mint. The next time you look for dessert ideas: think about cocktails!
Reading: dessert drink any bar can make
Here are all the best dessert drinks to add to your repertoire! Most of them are time-tested classic after dinner drinks, from the Mudslide to the Brandy Alexander to the bright green Grasshopper. Grab your sweet liqueurs and let’s get mixing!
And now…the top dessert drinks and cocktails for after dinner!
More cocktail recipes
Read more: what dessert can i make without eggs
There are so many more to try! Here are 200+ cocktail recipes for every occasion:
- Classics: Try Classic Cocktails or Great Cocktail Recipes.
- Easy: These 10 Easy Mixed Drinks and Cheap Drinks have just 2 to 3 ingredients.
- 2 Ingredient: Try 2 Ingredient Tequila Drinks or 2 Ingredient Vodka Drinks.
- Fancy: Opt for the best in Craft Cocktails.
- The Big 5: Try all our cocktails with Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Tequila or Rum.
See Also: our master list of Types of Alcohol and Liquor Names!
Read more: how to make chinese dessert pastry