Here are all the best fresh mint cocktails to try! This herb adds the best flavor to classics like the Mojito, Julep, Southside, and more.
Got a load of fresh mint? Let’s make cocktails! Mint is hands down the most popular herb to use in cocktails because it adds a unique freshness to every sip. There are two ways to add mint to cocktails. You can muddle it in a cocktail shaker before mixing the drink (the standard method). Or, you can use a homemade mint simple syrup. Either way, the flavor adds a huge pop of herbaceous freshness!
Reading: drinks to make with mint leaves
Here are all the best mint cocktails to make using this beautiful herb! There are famous classics like the Mojito and Julep, and lesser known but equally as delicious Southside and Whiskey Smash. Editorial note: the herbaceous undertones make these are some of our favorite cocktails out there (and that’s saying something, with hundreds to choose from).
And now…the top mint cocktails worth making!
The right way to muddle mint
Read more: how to make honey milk tea cold
Many of the mint cocktails above require muddling the mint before making the drink. Muddling means gently mashing the herb to release its juices. This helps the flavors incorporate better into the drink. There are a few tips to the right way to muddle mint:
- Step 1: Place the mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. (If you don’t have one, you can use a large metal cup or bowl.)
- Step 2: Using a wooden cocktail muddler or unfinished wooden spoon, gently mash the mint a few times to release the juices. The key to muddling is a light touch, so don’t go overboard. That’s it! Then mix up your cocktail and enjoy.
More great cocktail recipes
There are so many great cocktail recipes to try! Pick from some of the following:
Read more: Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Vodka Cocktails Try the greats like the Gimlet and Mule.
- Cognac Cocktails Here’s what to do with this high-end French brandy.
- Ginger Beer Cocktails Pick from Moscow mule spins, the Pimm’s Cup, and more.
- Mezcal Cocktails This smoky liquor gives a unique spin to classic drinks, like the Margarita.
- Scotch Cocktails Unique mixed drinks using this Scottish whisky.
- Campari Cocktails Brilliant red cocktails starring this bitter liqueur.
- Orange Juice Cocktails OJ is a great mixer…and it’s not just for mimosas.
- Bourbon Cocktails Try these bourbon greats, like the Old Fashioned and Manhattan.
- Vermouth Cocktails All the best drinks using dry or sweet vermouth.