The only thing better than almonds are Roasted Almonds.
For real, because roasting almonds not only makes them nuttier but it also makes them somehow more flavorful and crunchier and soooooooooo much moreish.
As in **eat a whole cup in one sitting without even realizing it** kinda moreish.
This super easy to make, oil free, roasted almonds recipe is a complete blank canvas and can be jazzed up in any way you want.
And I show you how to further down this post. I like leaving them plain without any seasoning as that way the almonds can be used in many ways.
- as a family-friendly make-ahead snack
- on top of salads
- to jazz up vegetable dishes
- to add crunch to rice
- topping breakfast cereal
- with yogurt
Pull these air fried roasted almonds out as a last-minute treat over the festive season, for a Christmas appetizer, Thanksgiving or party nibbles, game day snack and even giving as a delectable edible Christmas gift.
Roasted Almonds Tools
How To Make Air Fryer Roasted Almonds
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350F /180C.
- Add whole almonds into the Air Fryer basket in a single layer
- Cook the almonds for 5 to 8 minutes turning half way through.
- Check almonds after the 5 mins mark and cook for a further 2-3 minutes till done to your liking.
- Let the Air Fryer Roasted Almonds cool before serving.
How To Roast Almonds In the Oven
Making roasted almonds in the oven is super simple.
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C / gas 4.
- Spread nuts into a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes making sure to turn half way through.
- If they still need a little time, then roast for up to 6 more minutes checking after every 2 minutes.
- Watch them carefully as they can burn quickly.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet before storing in an airtight container.
Chef’s tip => feel free to sprinkle on a little smoked salt or some cinnamon sugar before serving.
Roasted Almonds Tips
- You need to start with raw, whole almonds with the skin on for this recipe.
- The roasted almonds will be slightly soft when warm but they crisp up as they cool down.
- Do shake the basket to turn the nuts a few times during roasting so that they roast evenly.
- Make sure to watch the almonds carefully towards the end of the roasting time as they can burn quickly.
Roasted Almonds For A Crowd
These are a great make-ahead snack for a crowd. Simply double or triple the dry roasted almonds recipe as needed. If making in the oven, then you might need to use 2 baking sheets.
When roasting almonds in the Air Fryer, you’ll need a larger air fryer so that the nuts are in a single layer. Or plan to roast them in 2 separate batches.
Storing your Air Fried Almonds is super easy. Allow the roasted nuts to cool completely before storing in airtight container. They can be stored this way for up to 3 months (not that they last that long in my house).
Dry Roasted Almonds Variations
I love this dry roasted almonds recipe as is, but there are a gazillion and one ways you can customize to perfectly suit your taste. You can add in:
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Chili powder
- Curry powder
- Herbes de Provence
- Garlic powder
Use These To Top
- Green Bean Almondine.
- Sesame Spinach Salad.
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup.
Spicy Roasted Almonds Serving Suggestions
If you like your roasted almonds spicy, then you’ll want to pair them with one of these delightful beverage options:
- 7 Infused Water Recipes.
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate.
- Hibiscus Punch.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints Points in a 1/4 cup serving of almonds.
Thank you for reading my spicy roasted almonds recipe post. And please visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Air Fryer Almonds Recipe:
For more information please see the list of How to roast almonds in air fryer