A recipe for Easy Grape Salad. It’s sweet and creamy with loads of fresh grapes and crunchy nuts on top. Ready in just 5 minutes plus chilling time!
Reading: How do you make grape salad
Grape Salad Ingredients:
- Grapes. Of course! Chilled red grapes (the sweetest you can find) preferably seedless. You can use tart green grapes, too, if that’s what you prefer.
- Cream cheese.
- Sour cream.
- Brown sugar. For the topping.
- Walnuts. Chopped and toasted nuts taste incredible and add a delightful crunch. So do pecans!
How to make Grape Salad
- Before you begin, make sure the grapes are washed and dried. If little ones are eating, you probably want to slice them in quarters (the long way) for safety.
- Then make the dressing. The cream cheese should be nice and soft before you start, otherwise it could get lumpy. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla. (Save the brown sugar for the topping.)
- Next, gently fold the grapes in the cream cheese mixture, then top with a mixture of chopped nuts and brown sugar (walnuts and pecans both taste delicious-it’s entirely up to you).
How to soften cream cheese
Read more: Salad recipe with cucumbers and tomatoes
Unwrap your block of cream cheese completely (discarding the cardboard box and inner foil wrapper). Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for about 15 seconds per 8 ounces of cream cheese.
How many cups are in a pound of grapes?
- 1 pound of seedless grapes contains about 2 ½ cups of grapes.
- 1 pound of seeded grapes contains about 2 cups of grapes.
How long do you chill grape salad?
Chill grape salad for at least one hour or overnight. Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
How to make Grape Salad without sour cream:
Making grape salad with Greek yogurt is a smart way to skip the sour cream and lighten up the calories, too. Reduced calorie cream cheese is another way to keep Grape Salad calories lower.
So, what are some other favorite ways to eat Easy Grape Salad?
Read more: how to make brazilian potato salad
You asked for it, so here they are! Grape Salad with a twist…
- Grape Salad with Snickers. Yes, chopped up Snickers Bars are supposedly a must-have on this salad. Do what you must (but leave a comment about how it was!)
- Heath Bar. Same as above! Supposedly the toffee from a Heath or chopped Butterfinger candy bar on the grapes is over the top delicious.
- Grape Salad with strawberries. Natural, good-for-you fresh berries tossed in with the grapes, how can that taste anything but excellent?
- Three Musketeers. At the risk of going into the “what’s your favorite candy bar” debate, there are those out there who are very fond of using the chopped Musketeers as a topping for grape salad.
- Grape Salad with yogurt. Vanilla yogurt or plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt works just as well in this grape recipe.
- Graham crackers. Crushed graham crackers as a topping on grape salad add a little sweetness, with or without the brown sugar topping.
- How to serve Grape Salad:
This salad is at its best when placed on the table when its icy cold. Sprinkle the toppings on and serve with a spoon so everyone can help themselves. Don’t worry, they’ll be back for seconds!
The salad works served in a big bowl, but for a better topping-to-grape-ratio, assemble grape salad in a shallow casserole so people don’t fight for the crunchy nuts and brown sugar.
Read more: how to make simple fruit salad
For more information please see the list of How do you make grape salad