Greek Salad Dressing is bursting with fresh flavor and will upgrade any salad! This recipe takes just a few simple ingredients and about 5 minutes to make!
It’s salad season and I couldn’t be happier about it! I eat salads year round, but they’re so much more enjoyable when the weather is warm out. Swimsuit season is great motivation to eat lighter too. 🙂
I’m very picky about the produce that I include in my salads, so I prep homemade salad dressings like my balsamic vinaigrette dressing and apple cider vinegar dressing weekly to have on hand for them at all times.
They have fresh, quality ingredients that my salad craves without a laundry list of preservatives, and they make my salads shine every time.
This Greek Salad Dressing recipe has quickly become a staple. I especially love using it in my Greek Panzanella, Greek Chopped Salad, but it’s truly versatile and will work in just about any type of salad.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This Greek dressing recipe is fresh, tangy and loaded with mediterranean flavor.
- There are only 6 simple ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand.
- This dressing is so easy to make and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
- It will take any salad to the next level.
There are only 6 ingredients in this recipe, and they’re all pantry staples for the most part. I don’t recommend substituting any of them as that will change the flavor of this dressing dramatically.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Extra virgin olive oil. Use a good quality as this is the foundation of the dressing.
- Red wine vinegar. This should also be a decent quality.
- Fresh lemon juice. The lemon juice gives the dressing a big pop of flavor.
- Garlic. If fresh garlic is too strong for you, use garlic powder.
- Dijon mustard. Helps emulsify the dressing, adds creaminess, and lends delicious, savory flavor.
- Fresh chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried). Oregano adds freshness and mediterranean flavor.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
How to make this recipe
Greek salad dressing is beyond easy to make. Just gather your ingredients and it’s ready in under 5 minutes!
- Prep your ingredients. Mince the garlic, squeeze your lemon juice, and chop your oregano.
- Prepare the dressing. Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dijon mustard, oregano and salt and pepper, to taste in a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake vigorously until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Leftover dressing will solidify in the refrigerator. When ready to use, allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften, then shake well to emulsify and enjoy.
- If you don’t have fresh oregano on hand, use half the amount of dried oregano.
- If fresh garlic is too much for you, substitute it with a 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or omit altogether for Low FODMAP diet.
More salad dressing recipes you’ll love!
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Fresh Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Louie Salad Dressing
- Healthy Caesar Dressing by Delightful E Made
If you make this recipe I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and rating below, or tag me @flavorthemoments on Instagram!
Sharing is caring!
For more information please see the list of Best greek salad dressing recipe