Fresh oven roasted green beans are super crisp, tender, and crunchy. One of the most delicious green bean recipes.
Perfectly seasoned with simple seasoning and cooked to perfection for an easy side dish that’s always a crowd-pleaser.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- An easy side dish that can be paired with just about any Main Dish.
- You only need 4 ingredients to make an easy yet elegant side dish.
- Truly the easiest and best green bean recipes.
- Even picky kid eaters love these string beans.
- Sure to become a favorite delicious recipe for your family dinners.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- green beans: Fresh green beans are the best to use for this recipe.However, frozen green beans do work. I freeze fresh green beans throughout the summer, instructions in the recipe card below.
- olive oil: Use your favorite olive oil. You can use any of your favorite oils such as avocado and coconut oil. A little olive oil goes a long way with flavor.
- garlic: Fresh garlic is the best for bold flavor. Garlic powder can be used when fresh isn’t available.
- You can also use jarred chopped garlic in oil.
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Step 2: Place the beans on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Be sure to use tongs or your hands to move the beans around so they are well coated with the ingredients. The beans should also be in a single layer and spread out on the sheet pan.
Step 4: Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, move the beans around to ensure they brown on both sides.
Step 5: The beans will be cooked through. Taste test for doneness after 12 minutes. If needed, roast a bit longer until the desired tenderness.
- Baking Sheets
- Store in a covered, airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Reheat in a preheated 350°F oven, wrapped in aluminum foil for about 5 minutes.
- To reheat in the microwave, place the beans in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for about 6 seconds, until beans are warm.
- To freeze, place beans on a large baking pan in the freezer for about an hour. Then place in freezer-safe bags or use a food saver to prevent freezer burn. They can be frozen for 3 to 4 months.
Expert tips for success
- Wash and dry the beans before adding the seasoning.
- Preheat and ensure its a hot oven before adding the beans so they roast quickly.
- A baking sheet works best for roasting veggies. They are affordable and you will use them often.
- Do not overcrowd your baking sheet with the beans. This will ensure they roast evenly.
- Add some crispy bacon and sautéed onions for a delicious side dish.
- Sautéed mushrooms would be delicious.
- For a nice change, season the beans with some seasoning salt or Cajun seasoning.
- Looking for Greek flavors, add ½ teaspoon of dried oregano and marjoram to the veggies.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the beans for the last 5 minutes of roasting.
- Drizzle with some lemon juice and lemon zest before serving.
- Sesame oil and sesame seeds will add a nice nutty flavor.
- Add some zesty red pepper flakes to the roasted green beans.
These are all great dinner options for busy weeknights:
- Marinated chicken drumsticks: A perfect pairing for a delicious dinner.
- Roast Chicken Quarters are a great dinner option. Both are super simple to prep and roast in the oven.
- Air Fryer pork chops: Another great combo for dinner.
- Oven-baked parmesan chicken, the entire dinner will be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast is a delicious dinner that would be a delicious pairing.
- A perfect side dish for a holiday Maple Glazed Ham.
- Add these greens to these yummy Chicken Crescent Rolls for a delicious quick dinner.
- Roasted Asparagus are just as delicious as our green bean recipe.
- Enjoy Roasted Broccoli with Garlic, my kids can eat this every day. So good!
- My Granny’s Candied Carrots, don’t pass this recipe up, yummo.
- Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto, one of my personal favorite veggie recipes.
- Our Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows is another delicious side that would be a fabvulous pairing.
My experience with this recipe
My green beans with mushrooms are a reader and family favorite. So sharing this super simple recipe is clearly needed so everyone can enjoy them.
One of my favorite recipes to add to our holiday menu, it is so easy to prepare and always a favorite.
Learn how to make green beans for a quick, easy, and affordable side dish.
My friends, whether you want an amazing tasting side, a healthy low carb treat, or just darn good food, these roasted green beans are for you.
They are roasted with very simple ingredients with the most flavorful results. My favorite way of cooking green beans.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen.
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Originally published Mar 8, 2020, Updated Dec 8, 2021, for user experience.
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
For more information, please see more information about Roast green beans at 425