These Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables are perfectly tender and packed with flavor! This healthy method for roasting vegetables can be adapted to fit any veggies you’ve got on hand!
Wondering what to serve with roasted vegetables? They’re amazing with this easy roast chicken recipe, or this stuffed flank steak recipe!
Reading: How to roast vegetables in oven
THE BEST OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
Deliciously seasoned roasted vegetables made quickly and effortlessly. Oven Roasted Vegetables are a quick and easy 20 minute side-dish that is also healthy, tasty, and great served alongside meat, fish, or rice.
Also, this is a perfect meal-prep dish. I save lots of time by roasting several large sheet pans of veggies on a Sunday night, and then simply reheat them right before lunch or dinner for the rest of the week.
This awesome veggie treat has been my go-to side dish lately because I can’t pass up a Farmer’s Market if my life depended on it. I see a veggie/fruit/pumpkin Stand, and I STOP! I just hop on out of the car, take everything they’ve got on display, and continue on my journey.
I live in Indiana, friends. Farmer’s Markets last a whole, what, like, 3 months around here?! SO, I just take full advantage. 🌶 🥦 🥕
HOW TO MAKE OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
Roasting vegetables is an easy and very simple, almost hands-off skill. Vegetables are a healthy food to feed yourself and your family, and roasting them is one way to make those veggies wanted, demanded, and loved.
The hot oven brings out the natural sugars in vegetables, and that results in a sweet and an amazing depth of flavor.
BESIDES, this is the best way to clean out that vegetable tray in your fridge.
Read more: Beef roast cast iron dutch oven
- In this recipe I used broccoli, cauliflower, thin baby carrots, red bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms.
- When roasting vegetables, I usually don’t even bother with measuring; I just layer every veggie I can find on top of a sheet pan.
- Then, I take some olive oil and sprinkle it all over. Next, I add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian Seasoning over the veggies.
- Using my hands, I mix up everything together until all veggies are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Finally, I transfer the vegetables to the oven for about 17 to 20 minutes, or until crisp-tender and lightly browned.
That’s pretty much IT. Healthy and delicious, and only a few simple ingredients to the best vegetable side dish.
TIPS FOR PERFECTLY ROASTED VEGETABLES
- DO NOT overlap the veggies. You want one single layer of vegetables. I advise to use a large sheet pan – 12 x 16 is a good size.
- Stir the veggies halfway through cooking.
- Use your favorite seasonings and spices, and adjust the amounts to your preference.
- Continue roasting until the vegetables are easily pierced with a fork or knife and they are showing crispy, charred bits at the edges. I like my veggies crisp-tender. The other three in this household like a SOFT tender veg. Thus, since majority rules… we end up with crisp-tender vegetables. 😉
- Before serving, add grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Cheese, for sure! 😊
RECIPE VARIATIONS OR VEGETABLE SWAPS
- As long as the vegetable/s can cook in around 15 to 20 minutes at 425˚F, you can use it in this recipe. For example, you can use asparagus, or halved small brussels sprouts, quartered red onions, or sliced zucchini.
HOW TO STORE VEGETABLE LEFTOVERS
- Store completely cooled vegetables in an airtight container, and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT ROASTED VEGETABLES
- To keep the vegetables firm and crisp, reheat them in a preheated 450˚F oven for 5 minutes.
MORE ROASTED VEGETABLES RECIPES
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey Balsamic Glaze
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Read more: List of 9 roast chicken at 350 degrees
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Please see more list about How to roast vegetables in oven