Yogurt is a healthy way to pack protein and probiotics into a drink! Try these top fruity smoothie recipes with yogurt, perfect for breakfast and snacks.
Want to add yogurt to smoothies? Great idea. Yogurt is an ideal ingredient for smoothies because it adds a good amount of protein, which makes it a filling breakfast or snack. Greek yogurt adds a whopping 12 grams of protein per half cup. It also adds live probiotics, which can aid in gut health, as well as calcium and vitamin B-12 (source). So why not add a bit of it to your morning smoothie?
Reading: easy smoothies with yogurt
Here a few things to note about smoothie recipes with yogurt:
- Use plain, unflavored yogurt. Flavored yogurts have added sugars and artificial flavors. All the recipes below call for plain yogurt.
- Substitute plain yogurt for Greek if you like. Greek yogurt is thicker and makes for a creamier smoothie, but you can substitute plain yogurt if that’s what you have.
- You can always add more! Most of the smoothie recipes below call for about ½ cup Greek yogurt for 2 small servings. You can always add a bit more if you want to amp the protein.
More smoothie recipes!
There are lots more flavors to try outside of these smoothie recipes with yogurt! Here are more favorite smoothie recipes to try:
Read more: How to apply tea tree oil to scalp for lice
- Greens & veggies: Kale, Celery, Avocado, Green, Beet or Spinach Smoothie (Go to Veggie Smoothies.)
- Berries: Strawberry, Mixed Berry, Fruit, Blueberry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Blueberry, Strawberry Mango, Raspberry, Chia Seed, or Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Fruits: Banana, Peach, Watermelon, Orange, Mango Banana, or Pineapple Smoothie (Go to Fruit Smoothies.)