This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
What’s sweet and savory and adds a healthy crunch to any plate? This strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing! I love this strawberry poppyseed salad because it has all of the flavors I enjoy in salads and best of all, it’s absolutely delicious!
But the story of this salad goes way back. Long before a wedding, a house, and kids, my husband and I used to visit this little restaurant near our apartment and order their spinach and strawberry salad (with bun-less burgers!) every single time. I loved those casual dates after work and I really loved that salad. I just had to recreate it at home because we don’t get there as often anymore and because the restaurant version is no doubt loaded with sugar. Crisp spinach is topped with juicy strawberries, creamy goat cheese, and crunchy almonds and then drizzled with the strawberry spinach salad dressing (aka poppy seed dressing)!
I think you’ll agree that it’s the best ever strawberry spinach salad! Of course it’s delicious, but this easy strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing takes no effort at all. It’s ready in just 10 minutes and 10 ingredients!
How To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
You’re going to love how easy this spinach and strawberry salad recipe is! Here’s how we make it.
- Make the salad. Add the spinach, strawberries, almonds, and goat cheese to a salad bowl.
- Make the poppy seed dressing for spinach salad. More details on that below.
- Drizzle strawberry poppyseed salad with dressing. Your salad is ready-to-eat!
How To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad Dressing
I love serving strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing. And it’s pretty simple to make, too.
Simply whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, powdered erythritol, white vinegar, poppy seeds, and sea salt.
PRO TIP: If you need to thin out the dressing, add additional water or olive oil about a tablespoon at a time.
That’s it! Your strawberry spinach salad dressing is ready for your salad.
What Goes In Strawberry Spinach Salad?
This spinach and strawberry salad is colorful, sweet, savory, and crunchy all at the same time!
Here are the ingredients in this easy strawberry spinach salad:
- Spinach – Dark, leafy and loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- Strawberries – Sweet and bright, they are the star of this salad.
- Goat Cheese – Adds a creamy flavor to each bite.
- Sliced Almonds – Crunch and healthy fats!
- Poppy Seed Dressing – Creamy and sweet and the perfect topping.
Is Strawberry Spinach Salad Healthy?
Yes, this strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing is healthy! It’s loaded with leafy spinach, nutritious strawberries, and crunchy almonds that are a great source of healthy fats.
Add some protein to turn this salad into a full meal!
Can You Make Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Ahead?
Salads are best fresh, and this spinach and strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing is no exception. However, you can prep everything ahead of time so that it comes together really quickly.
Mix up the dressing and store it in the refrigerator. Add the toppings to the spinach, drizzle with dressing, and serve! It can come together in just a few minutes.
Spinach and Strawberry Salad Variations
There are so many different options to change up this spinach and strawberry salad. Try out some of the following swaps! (Note: any changes to the recipe will change the nutrition facts!)
- Nuts – You can basically choose any nut you like for this spinach strawberry poppy seed salad. My favorites are walnuts, pecans, or pistachios!
- Cheese – A good rule of thumb is to choose a cheese that crumbles well. Feta will add a sharper flavor to the salad and blue cheese will add some funk!
- Fruit – Berries are great in this salad. Try out blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries depending on what you have available.
More Keto Low Carb Salad Recipes
If you like this spinach strawberry salad recipe, you might also like these keto low carb salad recipes:
- Spinach Bacon Salad – The heartiness of spinach, plus a hot bacon dressing.
- Spicy Thai Beef Salad – This meal-sized salad packs MAJOR flavor!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – Make this summer classic when cucumbers are at their peak! It’s perfect to make-ahead for parties.
- Broccoli Cranberry Salad – If you love fruit in salads, you’ll love this one! Greens are swapped for hearty broccoli.
- Italian Marinated Artichoke Salad – Classic Italian flavors mixed with peppery arugula.
- Strawberry Walnut Salad – A similar variation made with walnuts!
- Large Porcelain Salad Bowl – Your healthy strawberry spinach salad will shine in this white bowl.
- Wooden Salad Tongs – These beautiful tongs make serving up strawberry poppyseed salad easy.
- Whiskware Dressing Shaker – Make and store your strawberry spinach salad dressing right in this container.
For more information please see the list of Spinach salad with poppyseed dressing