This is the best Ensalada Navideña and it’s so easy peasy! It’s traditionally made with 3 milks and is not overly sweet. Don’t let the name fool you. You can enjoy this fruit salad year round!
Ensaladas dulces (sweet salads) are a perfect balance to meals with flavorful Mexican dishes like Pozole and tamales. It’s the perfect pairing!
Reading: Grape salad with eagle brand milk
Planning a get together? Ensalada Navideña always has a place at the table for family fiestas, potlucks, posadas, and work functions. It’s loaded with fruit and the creamy dressing is refreshing! Serve it with some Ponche Navideño and it will be a hit!
This fruit salad is a great dish to whip up if you’re short on time! It’s ready faster than my classic Arroz Con Leche but it tastes best when you make it ahead of time to help blend the flavors and makes the marshmallows soften.
It’s one of those recipes that is always better the next day!
Ingredients for the dressing
The sweetness in this dressing comes from the condensed milk and the fruit syrup that comes in the fruit cocktail. The mixture is not overly sweet. It’s perfectly delicious!
Ingredients for Ensalada Navideña
Ensalada Navideña is similar to “Ensalada De Manzana Navideña” but with more fruit. If you were to remove the strawberries and grapes, you would pretty much have the also popular Ensalada De Manzana (Apple Salad).
The beauty of this salad is that you can pick your favorite ingredients. For instance, my husband doesn’t like raisins so I include just a handful for me. Choose what you like!
For the salad you’ll need:
- A large can fruit cocktail in syrup
- 4 large red apples – pick your favorite apples. It really doesn’t matter
- A container fresh strawberries
- Grapes (green preferably)
- Pecan cut in small pieces
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened or sweetened)
- Mini marshmallows optional (as much as you want!)
How to make Ensalada Navideña
- BLEND: Add the condensed & evaporated milk, media crema & cream cheese in a blender or food processor.
- MIX until blended and set aside.
- TOAST: In a small skillet, toast the pecans on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Keep moving them around so that they don’t burn.
Toasting the pecans before adding to the salad really brings out the flavor and adds a little more crunch!
- MIX: In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold all ingredients until all fruits are covered in the cream mixture
- Add enough of the cream mixture to cover the fruit. Add more if needed according to taste. You will have leftover cream mix which can be stored in refrigerator up to one week.
Read more: Arugula Apple Salad with Pecans
Refrigerate tightly covered for at least 2 hours to chill but the longer the better. Letting it sit overnight will help develop the flavors.
It’s a great recipe to make ahead and just let it rest. You won’t be stressed about making dessert right before your gathering.
Serve in small cups or bowls and top with more coconut flakes if you want. The flakes make your dessert look more festive!
Now who wants to dig in?
More Postres (desserts) You’ll Love
- Arroz Con Leche
- Mexican Flan
- Galletitas De Nuez
- Pastel De Elote
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Leave me a comment below to let me know how you liked it.? Gracias!!!!
Read more: How Long Can Chicken Salad Sit Out?
More Popular Mexican Recipes
For more information, please see more information about Grape salad with eagle brand milk