Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie recipe is a delicious blend of frozen berries, vegan vanilla yogurt, plant milk and makes a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Summer is in high gear here in Southern California. In fact, we’ve hit a few record highs this year!
I’m back with this Mixed Berry Smoothie with yogurt, and it’s a delicious non-dairy frosty idea to cool you down and make your taste buds happy. ❤️
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Refined sugar-free. Made with unsweetened dairy-free milk and yogurt ensures it’s free from refined sugars and lets you control the sweetener.
- Healthy snack or light meal. Full of nutrients (see recipe card for more!), this smoothie can be served as a light breakfast, snack, or pick-me-up any time of day.
- Quick & easy. It’s ready as fast as you can gather the ingredients and blend!
Berry Yogurt Smoothie Ingredients
Berries: It all starts with frozen berries. Any type will do. As you can see, I’ve used a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. It was a berry mix that I picked up in the grocery store’s freezer section. Any combination works well here. Mix and match your favorites, or use all of one kind if you prefer.
Yogurt: Next, add in your unsweetened non-dairy yogurt of choice. Use plain or vanilla flavored. If using the plain flavor, you may like to add a splash of vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon of ground vanilla to the mixture before mixing.
Banana: To add a banana or not? I’ve made this smoothie both ways, with and without a banana, and I must say the one with the banana was the better of the two. I used a room temp banana, which added extra creaminess and made it slightly less icy. It will also add some bulk and extra added nutrition. If you have one on hand, by all means, add it in!
Non-Dairy Milk: Lastly, you’ll want to add about ½ cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk or water to help get everything moving in the mixer, adding an extra splash or two as needed.
Toppings: Some optional toppings to consider are frozen berries, granola, cocoa nibs, and coconut flakes, to name a few.
How To Make Mixed Berry Smoothie
Making a mixed berry & yogurt smoothie is so easy and ready in minutes!
- Place ingredients into your blender, blend until smooth, stop every now, and then scrape down the sides if needed. Add an extra splash of non-dairy milk or water as needed.
- Once ingredients are blended, serve your smoothie in a glass with a straw/spoon or enjoy your smoothie from a bowl. Either way, adding a few toppings will take your smoothie over the top.
Now you are ready to sit back, relax and enjoy this frosty berry sensation! ❄️
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Vanilla Date Smoothie
- Enlighten Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Split Smoothie
- See all vegan smoothie recipes on TSV!
If you try this easy smoothie recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
Updated: Mixed Berry Smoothie was originally published in July 2017. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in April 2021.
FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration!