This simple Strawberry Smoothie has just 4 ingredients and is ready in 5 minutes! Perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth while keeping it healthy.
You all know how I love smoothies. And I’m usually throwing all sorts of weird things into smoothies in the name of health, like beets or spinach or cauliflower. But sometimes the simplest flavors are also great, so today we’re whipping up a simple Strawberry Smoothie recipe!
Reading: frozen strawberry smoothies recipes
Ingredients for this strawberry smoothie
- Frozen Strawberries: While you can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe, I prefer using frozen. They make the smoothie icy cold!
- Milk: Use any milk (dairy or non-dairy) here. Almond milk is great in this smoothie for a lower calorie option.
- Honey: A dash of honey brings the perfect level of sweetness to this healthy smoothie. You can also sub sugar or low-calorie sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract: Finish it off with vanilla extract, which transforms the flavor into something like strawberry pie!
How to make a frozen strawberry smoothie
Read more: DIY Frozen Smoothie Packs on a Budget
You’ll notice that I use frozen strawberries in this recipe. I love frozen fruit in smoothies for a few reasons. They’re often more affordable, especially when it’s not peak strawberry season. But more importantly, they add frosty thickness to this smoothie without needing to add ice!
Ice tends to make smoothies watery, and never seems to break down all the way in a blender. Using frozen strawberries fixes this problem and keeps the smoothie full of delicious fruity flavor!
Variations on this strawberry smoothie
Read more: Jamaican beetroot juice recipe
This smoothie is adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients. You can replace the strawberries with another frozen berry (blackberries are great), throw in a handful of spinach, add a banana, or use orange juice instead of milk. You can even give it a boost of protein by adding cottage cheese (like we do in these Cottage Cheese Smoothies). The smoothie of possibilities!
More healthy smoothie recipes to try:
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
This recipe first appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor.