Fruit salad is the perfect side for…pretty much anything! This easy fruit salad recipe with honey lime dressing is light, fresh, and keeps you coming back for more.
Homemade fruit salad is one of my mom’s staples. I swear she can whip one of these together effortlessly at a moment’s notice. This fresh fruit salad with honey lime dressing is perfect paired with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert!
Reading: Lime honey dressing for fruit salad
This fruit salad with honey lime dressing is great to make for a wide variety of occasions. A fresh and healthy side option for brunch, bridal showers, baby showers, or summer parties and potlucks.
TELL ME ABOUT THIS FRESH FRUIT SALAD RECIPE
Level of difficulty: Easy. Chop, measure, mix, and enjoy!
Flavor: You taste each fruit used with a sweet taste of honey and a pop of citrus as an accent.
Time: It will take you approximately 15 minutes to prepare your healthy fruit salad. The duration will vary based on your knife skills.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Mango
- Fresh Lime (Zest + Juice)
- Optional: Fresh Mint for Garnish
OVERVIEW: HOW TO MAKE FRUIT SALAD WITH HONEY LIME DRESSING
- Prepare fruit. Rinse and chop fruit, and place in a large mixing bowl. Zest the lime over the top of the fruit.
- Make dressing. In a small bowl, mix together the fresh lime juice and honey.
- PRO TIP: microwaving the honey and lime juice mixture for about 10 seconds helps the dressing mix together easier, and helps to prevent your fruit salad having globs of honey.
- Add the dressing and toss the fruit salad. Finally, drizzle the honey lime dressing over the fresh fruit and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
See a step-by-step story series here!
WHAT IS THE BEST FRUIT FOR FRUIT SALAD?
You can change up the combination of fruits used in this easy fruit salad recipe if desired. For the best results, maintain the same ratio of adding 4-5 cups of fresh fruit.
Strawberries, blueberries, mangos, grapes, kiwis, and mandarin oranges are all great options.
Alternatively, fruits that don’t work as well in this recipe include: raspberries (they get squished), bananas (also get squishy), frozen fruit (gets mushy and watery once thawed).
MODIFICATIONS FOR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS: VEGAN
This fruit salad with honey lime dressing recipe is already vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free as written.
- To make this into a vegan fruit salad recipe, the honey needs to be substituted with a different sweetener. You could try agave syrup. Please note: I have not done this myself and cannot comment on how the taste is affected with this substitution.
This fruit salad is best the day it is prepared. While this fruit salad recipe is best day-of, you can still eat leftovers the next day. Just note the fruit salad may not be quite as good the next day.
Making this for a party? Here are a few make ahead tips:
- One way to save time is to cut up the fruit the day before to save time
- You can also make the honey lime dressing a day ahead if desired
- Note: wait to toss your fruit and dressing together until just before serving. As noted above, heating the dressing for 10-seconds before dressing the salad is helpful to get your dressing to combine easily.
Read more: how to cut an avocado for salad
GREAT RECIPES TO PAIR THIS FRUIT SALAD WITH:
- Puff Pastry Egg Tarts
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Prosciutto Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
For more information, please see more information about Lime honey dressing for fruit salad