Want a smoothie, but no banana? Here are 5 healthy smoothies without banana – simple, easy and delicious, these healthy recipes are great for breakfast or a quick healthy snack.
How To Make A Healthy Smoothie Without Banana
Bananas give smoothies their creamy texture and the sweetness we all love, so they’re used in most smoothie recipes. However, some people don’t like or can’t eat bananas. I had a friend in school, she hated bananas. She just couldn’t stand the flavor. If that’s you too, here are some tips to make a healthy smoothie without banana:
- Use frozen fruit – frozen fruit makes smoothies creamier and super cold without the addition of ice. You can use frozen berries, frozen peaches, frozen mangoes, frozen pineapple…there are many options to choose from.
- Add avocado: avocados are super creamy in smoothies, so you won’t even notice when there’s no banana inside. I rarely use avocado in smoothies, because I rarely have a good ripe one – whenever I do, I prefer to make something savory. <-That’s right 3 seconds you’re never getting back, pls don’t sue.
- Use sweet fruit: using fruit like mangoes, peaches and pineapple will add fiber and make your smoothies super tasty.
- Add soaked cashews, coconut cream or nut butter. I love the addition of something fat to a smoothie, it gets much creamier and it helps balance the sweetness of the fruit.
Now let’s look at some of my favorite no banana smoothie recipes.
5 Healthy Smoothies Without Banana
No Banana Vegan Strawberry Smoothie
This vegan strawberry smoothie is made with only 3 ingredients: cashews, orange and strawberries. Recipe here.
This healthy peach smoothie is absolutely delicious and perfect for summer. Only 3 ingredients again: peaches, yogurt and orange. Recipe here.
Tropical Green Smoothie
Even if you’re not the biggest fan of green smoothies, there’s a big chance you will like this one. It’s sweet, super refreshing and great for your skin, recipe here.
Peach Strawberry Smoothie
This strawberry smoothie is a delicious variation of the peach smoothie and it’s very much like a slushy. Recipe here.
Basil Detox Smoothie
I’m not really a fan of the word detox, but it perfectly describes this loose smoothie. It’s something between lemon water and a smoothie. Made with lemons, apples and basil this drink is perfect when you need something light and refreshing and it’s great on days when you’re feeling bloated. Add some ice cubes and enjoy. Recipe here.
You Might Also Like:
- 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes To Improve Your Life
- I Drank A Green Smoothie Every Day, Here’s What Happened