Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta
My recipe for the Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta was first published on Life Tastes Good where I am a contributor.
Garlic is the star in this quick and easy Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta! Toss this sauce with your favorite pasta and enjoy simply with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley or pair with grilled chicken or seafood for a flavorful side perfect for weeknights.
This Garlic Butter Sauce is a dream for garlic lovers with EIGHT cloves of minced garlic. Don’t love garlic as much as I do? Play around with the amount to fit your palate.
How to make Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta
Making a sauce for pasta doesn’t get much easier than this! With only two basic ingredients, the Garlic Butter Sauce comes together in less than 15 minutes including the time to cook the pasta!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling add 1 tbsp of kosher salt
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente, just tender. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain the rest and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large pan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add the garlic cloves and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds to one minute. Do not brown. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the garlic butter sauce with the al dente pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Top with Parmesan, parsley, and additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Looking for more pasta sauce recipes?
- Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Šalša (Croatian Tomato Sauce)
- Pasta con Salsa Caruso (Uruguayan Pasta with Caruso Sauce)
Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta Recipe
Adapted from Pinch of Yum