This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad is packed with fresh veggies such as cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, fresh basil, chicken, rotini, and then drizzled with a homemade Greek salad dressing! This pasta salad is ridiculously delicious-perfect for a picnic, gathering, BBQ, or a side dish to any meal!
Makes 10 ( 1 and 1/4 cup ) servings
What is in a Greek salad, or horiatiki salad?
A traditional Greek salad consists of tomatoes, crisp cucumber, sliced red onion, crumbly feta cheese and Kalamata olives. This Greek Salad includes all of the traditional ingredients along with fresh basil, rotisserie chicken-for added protein, and pasta!
What ingredients do I need to make this Greek Chicken Pasta Salad?
- Whole wheat Barilla Rotini or fiber-gourmet rotini- if you are are following the purple plan you can use the whole wheat rotini for zero points. I like to use Fiber Gourmet Rotini if I am following the green or blue plan. It’s 1/2 the point value than regular rotini. You can find a 6 pack of the Fiber Gourmet pasta online HERE. If you want a low carb option-just substitute the rotini for chopped romaine lettuce or baby spinach.
- English cucumber-you can peel or keep peel on; chopped into quarters.
- Cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken without the skin-cut into bite sized pieces
- Red onion– thinly sliced. Tip: to take some of the bite away from the red onions, after you chop them, soak them in a water or lemon juice.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes– cut in half lengthwise.
- Kalamata or black olives-sliced.
- Basil leaves-torn.
- Crumbled fat free feta cheese– optional.
- Red wine vinegar- for dressing.
- Extra virgin olive oil-base of the dressing.
- Fresh lemon juice-flavor for the dressing.
- Dijon mustard-for flavor.
- Garlic- finely minced.
- Kosher salt-to taste.
- Dried oregano-to taste.
- Dried basil-to taste.
Can I make this Greek Chicken Pasta without the pasta?
Sure! You can substitute the pasta for 6 cups of romaine lettuce, baby spinach, or a mix of the two.
How do I make this Greek Chicken Pasta Salad?
Cook pasta to al dente with 1 Tbsp of table salt according to pasta package instructions.
Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, make the dressing.
Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl or a jar with a lid.
Whisk or shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified or you can blend all ingredients into a food processor or blender until emulsified, if desired.
In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, rotisserie chicken, chopped cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, olives, and basil.
Drizzle the dressing on top of pasta salad.
Toss gently until well combined.
Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
When ready to serve; toss gently and garnish with crumbled feta cheese. Season with kosher salt and pepper, to taste.
- 1 (16 oz.) box uncooked whole wheat Barilla Rotini or 2 (8 oz.) packages Fiber Gourmet Rotini
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken without the skin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 10 pitted kalamata or black olives, sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- 2 oz. crumbled fat free feta cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Cook pasta to al dente with 1 Tbsp of table salt according to pasta package instructions.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl or a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified or you can blend all ingredients into a food processor or blender until emulsified, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, rotisserie chicken, chopped cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, olives, and basil.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of pasta salad.
- Toss gently until well combined. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve-toss gently to allow dressing to be even distributed; garnish with crumbled feta cheese, if desired. Season with kosher salt and pepper, to taste.
Makes 10 ( 1 and 1/4 cup ) servings
4-7 PersonalPointsI* per serving
*This number shows the PersonalPoints™ range. The points will vary based on your individualized plan.
How do I know how many points this is on my WW individualized plan?
Click the link below to go to the recipe builder. You’ll first need to sign into your WW account and then the recipe builder will upload. Be sure to edit the recipe with any ingredients that you use that are different. The recipe builder is the most accurate way to create, obtain, and track the Personal Points on your individualized plan.
*The recipe builder link only works for WW members located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, you’ll need to access the WW app manually to create the recipe in the recipe builder.
For more information please see the list of Greek pasta salad with chicken