- What is a green bean casserole recipe?
- Green bean casserole – A classic Thanksgiving dish
- The best green bean casserole recipe for Thanksgiving
- Private notes
- Green bean casserole recipe ideas
- Different ways to make green bean casserole recipe
- Different toppings of green bean casserole recipe
- How long does green bean casserole last?
- Can green bean casserole be frozen?
- What can I serve green bean casserole with?
- Why is green bean casserole so popular?
- How do you make green bean casserole from scratch?
- Is green bean casserole healthy?
- Can green bean casserole be made ahead of time?
- What can I serve with a green bean casserole?
- What are some tips for making green bean casserole?
- How do you store green bean casserole?
- How do you reheat a green bean casserole?
Looking for a delicious, yet easy-to-make green bean casserole recipe? You’ve come to the right place! Our recipe is simple to follow and takes just minutes to prepare. Plus, it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. So what are you waiting for? Give our recipe a try today!
What is a green bean casserole recipe?
Green bean casserole is a popular dish that is typically made with green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and fried onions. Some recipes also call for cheese, bacon, or other ingredients. This dish is usually served as a side dish, but can also be a main course.
Green bean casserole – A classic Thanksgiving dish
Green bean casserole is a classic Thanksgiving dish that can be made ahead of time and reheated on the big day. This recipe includes a homemade cream of mushroom soup, crispy fried onions, and plenty of green beans. It can be made vegetarian by substituting the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
The best green bean casserole recipe for Thanksgiving
This easy green bean casserole recipe is a Thanksgiving staple. Learn how to make green bean casserole from scratch with this simple recipe.
You’ll need the following equipment to make green bean casserole:
- A baking dish
- A stovetop or electric cooker
- A can opener
- A colander or strainer
- A mixing bowl
- A spoon or spatula for stirring
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A knife for cutting the green beans (if using fresh ones)
- An oven mitt or kitchen towel (optional)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10.75 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (6 oz) French-fried onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine green beans, soup, milk, and pepper.
3. Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
4. Top with onions.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
6. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this classic Thanksgiving dish! Green bean casserole is always a hit, and it’s so easy to make ahead of time. This recipe includes a homemade cream of mushroom soup, crispy fried onions, and plenty of green beans. It can be made vegetarian by substituting the chicken broth for vegetable broth. So good, your guests will be asking for seconds!
This recipe is perfect for a holiday side dish! The private notes about the green bean casserole recipe are:
- Try adding some chopped cooked bacon to the top of the casserole for a delicious twist!
- If you want a crunchier topping, try using French fried onions instead of regular shredded cheese.
Also read: How To Cook Turkey For Thanksgiving
Green bean casserole recipe ideas
If you’re looking for new ways to enjoy green beans, why not try them in a casserole? Green bean casseroles can be made with a variety of ingredients and flavors, so there’s sure to be one that appeals to everyone. Here are some ideas to get you started:
– For a classic green bean casserole, top your beans with fried onions and a creamy sauce.
– For a twist on the classic, try using roasted garlic or mushrooms in your casserole.
– Add some spice to your green beans by making a Southwestern-style casserole with chili peppers, corn, and black beans.
– Make a healthy green bean casserole by using low-fat cheese and milk, and whole wheat bread crumbs.
– Use leftover green beans from a previous meal to make a quick and easy casserole. Just add some cheese and bread crumbs on top and bake!
Whatever ingredients you choose, your green bean casserole is sure to be a hit. So get cooking and enjoy!
Different ways to make green bean casserole recipe
There are many different ways to make green bean casserole recipes. You can make it with fresh or frozen green beans. You can also use canned green beans, but they will not have the same texture or flavor.
If you want to make a healthier version of this dish, you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream. You can also use whole wheat bread crumbs instead of the traditional ones.
This dish is usually made with cream of mushroom soup, but you can also use cream of chicken soup. If you want a vegan version, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
To make this dish gluten-free, you can use gluten-free bread crumbs or rice flour instead of the wheat flour.
You can make this dish as simple or as complex as you want. You can add other vegetables, such as carrots or peas, to the casserole. You can also add cheese, bacon, or nuts for a more flavorful dish.
No matter how you make it, green bean casserole is a delicious and easy dish to make. It is perfect for a weeknight meal or a holiday dinner. Try it today!
Also read: 10+ Easy Chicken And Rice Casserole Recipe
Different toppings of green bean casserole recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy green bean casserole recipe, look no further! This dish is packed with flavor and can be customized with your favorite toppings.
Here are some different topping ideas to try:
– Sautéed mushrooms
– Crispy onions
– Shredded cheese
– Crumbled bacon
– Chopped nuts (such as pecans or almonds)
– Dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots
– Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or parsley)
How long does green bean casserole last?
Green bean casserole will last for 3-4 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
Can green bean casserole be frozen?
Yes, green bean casserole can be frozen. Simply place the dish in a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw the casserole in the fridge overnight and then reheat it in the oven until warmed through.
What can I serve green bean casserole with?
Green bean casserole can be enjoyed as a side dish or main course. If serving as a side, some common pairing options include roasted chicken or turkey, mashed potatoes, and green salad. For a heartier meal, green bean casserole can be served with grilled steak or salmon.
Why is green bean casserole so popular?
Green bean casserole is a popular dish because it is easy to make and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Additionally, green bean casserole is often seen as a comfort food because it is warm and hearty.
How do you make green bean casserole from scratch?
To make green bean casserole from scratch, you will need condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, cut green beans, and French fried onions. Simply whisk the soup, milk, green beans, and ¾ cup of the onions together until combined. Pour into a prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining onions before serving.
Is green bean casserole healthy?
While green bean casserole is not necessarily considered a healthy food, it can be made with healthier ingredients. For example, you could use low-fat milk and light cream of mushroom soup to reduce the amount of fat in the dish. You could also use fresh green beans instead of canned, and bake your own French fried onions instead of using the store-bought kind.
Can green bean casserole be made ahead of time?
Green bean casserole can be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve. Simply prepare the dish as directed and refrigerate it until ready to bake. When you are ready to serve, preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the casserole for 25 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.
What can I serve with a green bean casserole?
Green bean casserole is typically served as a side dish. It goes well with roasted meats or poultry, such as turkey or chicken.
What are some tips for making green bean casserole?
– Use fresh green beans if possible. If using canned green beans, drain them well before adding to the casserole.
– For a creamier casserole, use full-fat milk or cream in the recipe.
– Use a good quality mushroom soup for the best flavor.
– Add extra flavor with seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, or black pepper.
– Top the casserole with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, or chopped green onions before baking.
How do you store green bean casserole?
Green bean casserole can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
How do you reheat a green bean casserole?
Green bean casserole can be reheated in the oven, microwave, or stovetop. If reheating in the oven, cover the dish with foil to prevent it from drying out. Microwaving green bean casserole will result in a softer texture. Reheating on the stovetop over low heat will help to maintain the crunchiness of the fried onions.
Also read: How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs
The green bean casserole recipe is a classic Thanksgiving dish that is perfect for any holiday feast. This dish is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking. We hope you enjoy this recipe!