Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is an easy summer salad recipe with so much flavor! Complete with crisp, fresh veggies and deliciously creamy buttermilk ranch dressing, you can make this simple salad using freshly grilled chicken or leftovers.
Reading: Grilled chicken breast salad recipes
- Best Grilled Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad Ingredients
- How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad Recipes Tips
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Ingredients
- How to Make Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Chicken Ranch Salad FAQs
- Best Salad Recipes
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
Best Grilled Chicken Salad
I love making dinner salad recipes over the summer! When it’s hot outside, there’s nothing like a refreshing salad for dinner or lunch. This Grilled Chicken Salad with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing is by far one of my family’s favorites of all the summer salad recipes I make!
Read more: FRESH SPRING ROLLS & PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
Complete with fresh veggies (including my favorite, avocado!), this easy grilled chicken salad is truly so delicious. Give it a try this summer and I know you’ll be hooked!
I love adding Crispy Air Fryer Bacon to this salad for even more flavor!
Grilled Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Boneless chicken breasts (or already Grilled Chicken Breasts)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Fresh baby spinach (or salad greens of choice)
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Salad dressing (I highly recommend our Buttermilk Ranch Dressing)
How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano in a medium bowl. Place chicken breasts in a bowl and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and brush with more olive oil. When ready, add chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. I always recommend using a meat thermometer and using my Chicken Temperature Chart!
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and let rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a large salad bowl or serving plate, add spinach and veggies.
- Slice the chicken and toss with the salad.
- Top with homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, or your salad dressing of choice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Salad Recipes Tips
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before marinating to ensure even cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken should be cooked to 165°F to ensure doneness. Don’t over-cook it!
- Allow grilled chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Customize your salad by using your favorite salad veggies and salad greens. Add-ins like crumbled cheese, nuts, croutons, or seeds are great additions! I like sunflower seeds for salad.
- Always use a meat thermometer and follow the perfect chicken temperature on my Chicken Temperature Chart!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Ingredients
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chopped dill, chives, and parsley
- Onion powder
- Lemon juice
My homemade buttermilk ranch dressing is so easy to make and pairs beautifully with this easy summer salad. I guarantee you’ll love it!
How to Make Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a large mason jar and stir together.
- Close lid tightly and shake well to finish mixing.
- Serve over salad
Chicken Ranch Salad FAQs
Best Salad Recipes
- Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad
- Fennel and Orange Salad
- Tomato Feta Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Chick Peas
- Vietnamese Steak Salad
- Burrata Salad
- Greek Cauliflower Rice Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad
- Roasted Artichoke Salad
Read more: Top 9 best greek salad dressing recipe
More Main Dish Salads ideas!
For more chicken recipes including my Chicken and Mushroom Recipe and Sheet Pan Chicken, plus inspiration on how to cook chicken perfectly, follow my Chicken Temperature Chart!
Did you try this recipe for salad with grilled chicken? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Read more: Top 5 what’s in a caprese salad
Please see more list about Grilled chicken breast salad recipes