Looking for a light and fresh meal packed with protein? This Greek-inspired grilled salmon salad is just what you need. Crisp vegetables coated in a tangy lemon basil dressing, topped with flaky salmon — it’s a wholesome and satisfying dish that won’t disappoint. With quick and easy preparation, you’ll save time without compromising flavor.
- Salmon: Choose your preferred type, such as sockeye salmon filets. Atlantic salmon offers a rich and soft texture, while wild salmon is darker and leaner. Feel free to cook with or without the skin, depending on your preference.
- Lettuce: Mix different types of lettuce like crisp romaine, tender spinach, or kale for added nutrition. Cut romaine into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Mix-ins: Juicy and sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, bell peppers, red onions, tangy and creamy feta cheese, and chopped walnuts.
Prepare and Grill the Salmon
To start, season the salmon filets with salt and pepper. Generously coat them with olive oil to add a fruity flavor and prevent sticking on the grill. Ensure your grill is cleaned, preheated to medium-high heat, and properly oiled before adding the fish. Place the salmon on a 45-degree angle to achieve beautiful sear marks. Remember not to move the fish until ready to flip! Let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, until it naturally releases and easily lifts off the grill. Use tongs or a spatula to check the doneness, but handle the delicate fish with care.
Creating the Salad
When it comes to building the ultimate salad, follow my five rules: crunchy, creamy, savory, tangy, and a hint of sweet. In this recipe, the crunch comes from a mixture of salad greens like chopped romaine, kale, and spinach. Add cucumbers, red bell peppers, and red onions for extra texture. Ripe baby tomatoes provide a burst of natural sweetness, complemented by a touch of honey in the dressing. Creaminess comes from feta cheese and walnuts, which also add a savory and tangy note.
Making the Dressing
For a quick and easy salmon salad dressing, grab your blender. Process lemon juice, zest, mustard, honey, minced garlic, salt, pepper, fresh basil, oregano, and any other preferred herbs. The lemon juice brightens and brings all the salad’s elements together, while the olive oil, added gradually while blending, provides healthy fats that lend richness and thickness to the dressing. This dairy-free dressing is a personal favorite, but you can also chop the herbs and whisk all the ingredients in a bowl.
Serving the Salad
Drizzle the lemon basil dressing over the salad ingredients in a large bowl. If desired, toss everything together to ensure even coating. Serve the salad in individual bowls, topped with the grilled salmon. Feel free to add extra cheese and dressing for an added burst of flavor. If you’re looking for a meal prep option, portion the dressing separately and pour it onto the salad right before eating. The salmon also tastes delicious cold and can be served in a lettuce wrap for a quick low-carb meal.
This grilled salmon salad recipe is highly customizable. Here are some delicious flavor variations to try:
- Bake or broil the salmon for a different cooking method.
- Experiment with Asian-inspired flavors using miso salmon.
- Switch up the dressing by trying balsamic vinaigrette, Italian dressing, ranch, or green goddess.
Pair your grilled salmon salad with these tasty options:
- Grilled corn on the cob
- Mediterranean couscous salad
- Mediterranean orzo salad
- Greek pasta salad
- Hummus and pita
- For a party, serve alongside tuna salad and chicken salad.
This grilled salmon salad is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a healthy choice. It’s a perfect meal for any occasion and guarantees satisfaction. So why wait? Get your ingredients ready and enjoy the delicious flavors of this fantastic dish!
To explore more amazing recipes, visit Family Cuisine.