If you are looking for an easy seafood recipe, Grilled Shrimp in Foil is our go-to recipe. It only takes a few ingredients to season and the Grilled Shrimp comes out so flavorful.
Grilled Shrimp in Foil:
Grilled Shrimp in Foil is one of the easiest seafood recipes to make. The combination of the garlic, lemon and butter make the shrimp so flavor. The flavor from the grill and the seasoning really makes this a family favorite.
Reading: How to grill raw shrimp
Grill Shrimp Foil Packets are so quick and easy and fun to make. You can change the seasoning or add in vegetables to make it a complete meal.
We love to grill during the summer months and this is the perfect summertime recipe. It doesn’t take long to make and can be tossed to together with very little planning.
You might also like our Grilled Salmon in Foil or our Grilled Tilapia in Foil recipes.
Easy Grilled Shrimp Recipe:
This Easy Grilled Shrimp Recipe can be served as your main dish or as an appetizer. Add a side and your dinner is complete. We love that we can either grill the shrimp in the foil or bake it.
I love this recipes calls for simple, easy pantry ingredients. You probably already have all the ingredients, if not use what you have.
Read more: The top 10+ big falls corn roast 2021
This Grilled Shrimp recipe is the perfect meal for your family for a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd. It doesn’t take long to prepare so we love to serve it a lot during the summer months.
- Shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- Parsley, chopped
- Butter, diced into small pieces
- Lemon, juiced
- Minced Garlic – You can also use garlic powder.
- Aluminum Foil
How to Grill Shrimp in Foil Packets:
- Prepare your Grill – Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Season Shrimp – Add the shrimp in a large piece of foil. Top with the parsley, butter, lemon juice and garlic. Then toss to coat.
- Wrap shrimp in Foil – Make the foil into a foil packet.
- Cook Shrimp – Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and pink.
- Serve and Enjoy – Carefully open the foil packet, remove shrimp and enjoy!
How long to Grill Shrimp in Foil:
Grilling shrimp in foil doesn’t take long. Once you have prepared your shrimp with seasoning and wrapped in foil, place shrimp on the grill.
It only takes about 8 – 10 minutes to grill the shrimp on medium high heat.
When do you know when Shrimp is Cooked?
After grilling the shrimp for about 8 minutes, carefully open foil pack. Shrimp is cooked when the color of your shrimp is pink and just starts to curl.
Make sure you don’t over cook shrimp. They can get very chewy and will not taste good.
Can I use Frozen Shrimp?
When making this recipe, you can use fresh shrimp that you get at the meat counter or purchase frozen shrimp. If you purchase frozen shrimp, make sure to let it thaw before cooking. It will take about 20 minutes to thaw out.
To let it thaw, place shrimp in a colander and let it run cold water until thaw. You can also put the frozen shrimp bag in the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight.
What type of Shrimp is best for Grilling?
Read more: One-Pot Leftover Roast Chicken Pasta
The perfect shrimp to grill is the large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on.
I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled.
Grill Shrimp Variations:
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers – Instead of putting shrimp in a foil pack, place shrimp on a wooden skewers. Drizzle with butter and seasoning. Grill about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add Vegetables – Toss in red potatoes, broccoli, and squash for a complete meal. Add your seasoning and this shrimp pack turns into an amazing dish.
- Change the Seasoning – If you want to add some spice to your recipe, add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Make Shrimp Tacos – Once you have finished grilling your shrimp, wrap them in a tortilla topped with your favorite tacos.
- Olive Oil and Lemon Juice – Toss the shrimp with Olive oil and Lemon Juice and cook on the stove top.
- Grilled Shrimp Salad – Top your favorite salad with grilled shrimp. This a nice change from the normal grilled chicken.
- Shrimp Scampi – Quickly grill your shrimp and add it to your favorite scampi sauce. Toss with some angel hair pasta for an amazing meal.
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp?
When we serve this Grilled Shrimp in foil we like to serve with different sides. Most of the time, I try to do sides that can easily be prepared or can be grilled so it is easy clean up. Here are some of our favorites:
- Grilled Bake Potatoes – Bake Potatoes are an easy side and they come out perfectly when grilled.
- Grilled Asparagus in Foil – We love grilling out asparagus. You can even cook the asparagus in the same foil as the shrimp.
- Easy Crock Pot Rice – Rice, vegetables and shrimp is our favorite dinner option.
Grilled Shrimp Tips:
- Use Raw Shrimp – When making this recipe, we recommend using raw shrimp. You can use the pre-cooked shrimp but the shrimp could get overcooked in the foil packets.
- Cook in the Oven – If you prefer, you can make place the shrimp in the oven.
- Use Fresh Lemon – Squeezing fresh lemon is best when adding in your seasoning.
How to Store Grilled Shrimp:
If you have any leftovers, store any in the refrigerator for 3 days. Leftover shrimp makes a great lunch the next day.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe is the Best!
We make this frequently during the summer. It’s the perfect recipe to make ahead and serve for a crowd.
Grilling shrimp is so easy and really delicious. Serve this recipe today for an instant crowd favorite. Everyone will definitely like this meal.
I love to make this for guests and it is always a hit. Our entire family loves it as well.
Give it a try for a delicious meal year round. Don’t save it for special occasions or cookouts. It is easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Shrimp in Foil:
More Grilled Seafood Recipes:
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
- Olive Garden Herb Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe
- Grilled Tilapia in Foil
- Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe
Through this article, we hope to help you understand How to grill raw shrimp