Best Green Smoothie Recipe
This green smoothie is a simple, healthy and nutrient-dense recipe that will fuel your mornings! From apples to spinach to bananas, these wholesome ingredients are a great way to sneak more greens into your everyday routine. Trust me, this is one drink you’re going to want to make again and again.
Reading: healthy green smoothies recipes
You’ve probably come across many healthy green smoothie recipes in your lifetime. But do you find that you’re extremely hungry right after – or that it lacks in flavor? Well, after doing lots of testing, I can definitely say I’ve created the perfect green smoothie.
Read more: How to use tea tree oil for blackheads
So it’s time to ditch store-bought smoothies and blend your own right at home! Chances are, this one’s way more delicious and well-rounded with the right nutrients.
Green Smoothie Recipe Video
This is an easy smoothie recipe (especially in a Vitamix) and only takes a minute. Watch the video below to see how quickly it comes together!
Tips For A Healthy Smoothie
If you haven’t read my post on how to make the healthiest green smoothie, make sure to do that. But here’s a few quick tips:
- Add more greens: If you want that boost in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, use fresh produce from the market or your local farmer’s market. You don’t want wilted or dirty greens that lack in nutrients. A few leafy greens that blend well are kale, spinach, or chard. But, feel free to switch it up with celery, mustard greens, or romaine!
- Stick with a healthy liquid base: Since you’ll already be adding fruit into your smoothie, it’s best to not add any additional sugars with fruit juice. Instead, opt for water, coconut milk, or any nut milks such as almond milk or cashew milk.
- Mix up your fruits: For most people, 2:1 ratio between fruits and vegetables is a good rule of thumb. Some of my favorite fruits to slice and freeze are apples, bananas, strawberries, mangos, or pineapple.
- Don’t forget about healthy fats: If you didn’t know, healthy fats help absorb all the nutrients from the veggies and fruits – so this is crucial! You can do this simply by adding coconut oil, nuts, seeds, or 1/4 of an avocado.
- Boost with superfoods: While the 4 steps above make a perfectly good green smoothie, it doesn’t hurt to add additional superfoods or mix-ins, like I do on my post-workout green smoothie recipe. You can add spices such as cinnamon or ginger and superfoods like maca powder or bee pollen.
Green Smoothie Ingredients
Read more: How to prepare chamomile tea for infants
While the the ingredient list is extremely flexible, here’s one of my favorite combinations that’s simple yet so delicious:
- Milk– 1 1/2 cup of milk, or any nut milk
- Spinach– 2 cups fully packed
- Banana– 1 banana (frozen is best)
- Apple– 1 apple sliced into pieces
- Avocado– 1/4 avocado
How To Make The Best Green Smoothie
If you’re on the hunt for more smoothie ideas to throw into your weekly rotation, here are a few of my favorites:
- Apple Carrot Beet Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Acai Smoothie
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie
Want some smoothie options lower in sugar? Check out these delicious low sugar smoothies. And if you’re prefer juices over smoothies, check out my nutrient-packed green juice.
Read more: How to brew coffee pods without machine