Easy Sauce Recipes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My easy homemade Au Jus Sauce recipe uses meat drippings and just 3 ingredients for the most amazing homemade au jus recipe! Ready in 5 minutes to use with your favorite recipes and sandwiches for dipping. You’ll never want to use store-bought au jus gravy mix again!
- Best Au Jus Recipe
- Au Jus Ingredients
- How to make Au Jus
- Au Jus Recipe FAQs
- The Secret to Easy Au Jus Sauce
- Best Roast Beef Recipes
- Easy Beef Sauce Recipes
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📖 Recipe
Best Au Jus Recipe
If you know me, you know I love to cook roast beef. It’s one of my favorite dinners to make for my family, from pot roasts to prime rib. One of the best things about making a beef roast is the pan drippings!
Pan drippings make the most incredible homemade au jus. Using just 3 other simple ingredients, you can make an au jus gravy perfect for pairing with your roast beef and the leftovers, too. I’ll show you how to make au jus for prime rib, roast beef sandwiches, and more, using my easy method.
All you need is meat drippings, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, beef broth, and 5 minutes! You can also make homemade au jus using drippings from chicken or pork!
Au Jus Ingredients
- Beef Broth or juices from roast beef
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Red Wine
- drippings from roast beef
How to make Au Jus
- Remove the roast from the roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan from cooking roast beef on the stove over low heat. Or you can remove the dripping and add them to a saucepan.
- Whisk Worcestershire Sauce and Red Wine into the dish along with drippings from the beef. If using the roasting pan, scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. A wooden spoon works best for this.
- Add beef broth or juices from the roast beef. Bring to a simmer. Serve hot with sliced roast beef or Prime Rib.
Au Jus Recipe FAQs
The Secret to Easy Au Jus Sauce
I have a secret to making a perfect beef au jus sauce, and it’s using the same roasting pan I cooked the beef in to make the au jus! Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the roasting pan after removing your beef roast.
You can make the au jus sauce in a pan, but I love to make it in the roasting dish for that extra flavor.
This can be done with pork, chicken, or beef!
Best Roast Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Prime Rib
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- Standing Rib Roast
This base is also a great start to amazing slow cooker short ribs!
Easy Beef Sauce Recipes
- Mushroom and Onion Sauce
- Red Wine Sauce
- Special Burger Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
Check out my all-time favorite sauce recipes here: Easy Sauce Recipes
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below or send us an email! We love to hear from you.
Please see more list about Au jus sauce for roast beef