Looking for a delicious Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe? This homemade dressing is perfect for all of your favorite salad recipes. It’s simple to make, with so much flavor, and a great way to dress up a simple green salad. Made with staple ingredients, and ready in no time!
Please note: This recipe was originally published in April of 2018, but it has been rephotographed and updated in May 2022. We hope you enjoy it!
Reading: Lemon honey dressing for salad
Does it get better than homemade salad dressings? In our opinion, making your own salad dressing is one of the simple ways of taking your salad to the next level.
Green salads are no longer boring with delicious homemade vinaigrette dressing! You only need a few minutes and ingredients to make this simple recipe.
Try this easy lemon vinaigrette on this strawberry goat cheese salad, this steak salad, or even on this keto shrimp salad. The options are endless!
- ❤️Why we love this recipe
- ✏️Ingredient notes
- 🍋Other uses for this dressing
- 💭Frequently asked questions
- 🛒Shop this recipe
- 🥗More salad dressings to try
- 🌟Leave a review!
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Community
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Made with simple ingredients – You most likely have everything you need for this lemon vinaigrette dressing at home already. Anything you don’t already have can be picked up at any grocery store!
- Quick and easy – This dressing is ready in under 15 minutes, and that’s including the prep time!
- Super-versatile – The options are endless with this recipe. Use it on nearly any salad you can think of for a great pop of flavor. Make perfect spring and summer salads, or everyday salads any time of the year.
- No special equipment needed – While our preferred method for making this dressing quick and easy is in a food processor or high powered blender, it can also be made by hand with a whisk, or shaken up in mason jars!
- Healthier option – This recipe is refined sugar free, since it’s sweetened with just a little bit of honey. It’s naturally gluten free, low carb, and dairy free. To make it vegan, you could swap the honey for your favorite substitute.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. We will provide ideas for substitutions further on in the post. You can find nutritional information and full quantities in the recipe card.
- Fresh garlic – Mince up some garlic to bring the flavor of this dressing to the next level. You could substitute for garlic powder if you prefer.
- Apple cider vinegar – You could also substitute for some red wine vinegar.
- Dijon mustard – Adds a nice zing flavor to the dressing.
- Honey or honey substitute – Honey is what we use to make this dressing, and it adds such a lovely flavor and natural sweetness.
- Kosher salt & black pepper– Pretty standard seasoning wise, add to taste.
- Dried oregano – You could also add in some other herbs like dried thyme, basil, rosemary, or really whatever you like. Oregano is perfect and versatile for us, so it suits a lot of different salads.
- Extra virgin olive oil – Use something high quality here. Again, this is the base of your dressing and will add a lot of flavor.
- Fresh lemons – Fresh lemon juice is obviously the base flavor of this dressing. Feel free to add in lemon zest, too!
Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar to a food processor.
Now add the oregano, black pepper, salt, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and lemon juice.
Food process until smooth, and chill in the fridge before time to use to allow the flavors to combine.
Serve and enjoy! Try it with this cabbage carrot & herb salad, or a simple spinach arugula salad (coming soon).
🍋Other uses for this dressing
- To dress a pasta salad.
- As a quick marinade for fish or chicken.
- Use it on proteins in the slow cooker to season it.
- Cook it with proteins on the stovetop for extra flavor!
💭Frequently asked questions
🛒Shop this recipe
Read more: how to make chick fil a kale salad
Need supplies for this recipe? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don’t pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale.
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
🥗More salad dressings to try
- Raspberry vinaigrette
- Cranberry salad dressing
- Creamy balsamic dressing
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 10 days. Do not freeze.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google, and encourages them to try them. Also be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Take a photo and share with us by tagging us on Instagram or follow along on Pinterest for more ideas!
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Lemon honey dressing for salad