I really like tea. It’s one in every of my favourite drinks. And I’m not alone on this affection. There’re hundreds of thousands of us all around the globe. Moreover, you’re greater than welcome to affix the tribe. And right here’s what it is advisable do to steep an ideal cup of tea each single time.
1. You must notice that there are several types of tea
Among the hottest ones are: black tea, inexperienced tea, Oolong, white tea, crimson tea, yellow tea, Rooibos (which isn’t actually a tea), Honeybush, Yerba Mate (which isn’t actually a tea both).
Every of those sorts needs to be dealt with otherwise. And by otherwise I imply: totally different temperatures of water, totally different steeping instances, and totally different quantities of the tea itself.
However first, let me provide you with some…
2. Normal ideas
Read more: How much green tea to drink a day
Steeping tea is definitely quite simple. All it is advisable do is pour some water over some tea leaves. However there are nonetheless some important guidelines to comply with:
- All the time use chilly, recent water for boiling. Don’t re-boil outdated water.
- Pour the water over the tea straight into the cup. Not the opposite approach round – don’t throw the tea to a cup already stuffed with scorching water.
- In case you’re utilizing tea in teabags, don’t squeeze the teabags after the steeping is finished.
- All the time cowl the cup with one thing (e.g. a small plate) for the complete time of steeping.
- When steeping is finished take away the leaves instantly.
- Don’t let the tea to chill down, drink it whereas it’s heat.
3. Steeping particulars for every kind of tea
First, let me deal with the pink elephant within the room. What about the usual tea that is available in teabags out of your native grocery store? There’s no rocket science on this case. That tea needs to be ready within the actual approach that has been described on the package deal. So that you may as nicely cease studying right here. BUT keep in mind, the final guidelines nonetheless apply.
Now, let’s shortly undergo the most well-liked varieties of tea and their excellent steeping situations.
- Black tea: 0.5 teaspoon per cup; water temperature 96°C (205°F); steep for 3 minutes.
- Inexperienced tea: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 65-80°C (150-175°F); 3-4 minutes.
- Oolong: 0.5 tsp/cup; temp. 90°C (195°F); 3-6 minutes.
- White tea: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 80-85°C (175-185°F); 7-9 minutes.
- Crimson tea (Pu-erh): 0.5 tsp/cup; temp. 96°C (205°F); 3-7 minutes.
- Yellow tea: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 90°C (195°F); 3 minutes.
- Rooibos: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 96°C (205°F); 3-5 minutes.
- Honeybush: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 96°C (205°F); 5-8 minutes.
How are you aware what sort of tea you could have? After getting some expertise you possibly can inform by the best way tea smells and appears like, however the simplest way for a beginner is to ask the salesperson to write down this down on the package deal.
Read more: How to make black tea taste good
Yet another factor, as you’ve seen not all numbers are exact within the desk above. That’s as a result of some varieties of tea could be steeped for numerous quantities of time utilizing totally different temperatures of water. It’s as much as you to search out the right mixture for the precise tea you need to take pleasure in.
4. Sugar, milk, and different issues
There’s a lot of totally different elements you possibly can add to a cup of tea to make it style even higher (nicely, possibly not higher, however otherwise).
- Sugar – some folks like so as to add sugar to each kind of tea. Personally, I don’t love to do it as a result of it adjustments the style of the tea in a a lot wider scope than simply making it sweeter.
- Milk – goes finest with basic black teas. Teas like: Assam, Ceylon or conventional English Breakfast.
- Lemon – finest with Chinese language teas. However add solely somewhat in case you don’t need to spoil it (it’s considerably much like including salt to a dish – in case you add just a bit it improves the style, in case you add an excessive amount of the dish turns into uneatable).
In a nutshell, the essence of this put up could be present in factors #2 and #3. It’s all it is advisable keep in mind with a view to steep an ideal cup of tea. Get pleasure from! … It’s nearly 5PM the place I’m sitting so it’s time to organize my afternoon drink.
Now it’s your flip to share. Do you could have any fascinating tea-related recommendation? Don’t hesitate to talk up.
Read more: How long to leave baking soda on carpet