Did you know the fastest way to cook a hot dog is in Microwave? Learn how long to microwave a hot dog so that it comes out perfectly every time (and to prevent exploding!)
Hot dogs are an all-American favorite and can be customized with your favorite toppings and condiments. They’re perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and are loved by kids and grownups alike. If you’re short on time, you can cook hot dogs using only your microwave.
Reading: Best way to microwave a hot dog
Is it OK to Cook a Hot Dog in the Microwave?
Yes, it’s 100% fine to cook a hot dog in the microwave. Just be sure to follow the right method for best results.
How to Make a Microwave Hot Dog?
The best way to make a hot dog in the microwave is to cook in intervals. This helps you to avoid overheating and reduces the risk of your hot dog exploding.
- Take two sheets of paper towel and dampen with the cold water.
- Wrap the hot dogs loosely in the paper towel and place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place in the microwave and close the door. Microwave on full power for about 30 seconds.
- Open the door and check if the hot dog is heated through.
- Repeat in 20 second intervals until the hot dog is to your liking.
- Place the hot dogs into the warm buns and add your favorite toppings.
How Long to Microwave a Hot Dog?
Read more: The Best Vacuum Sealers in 2022
This will vary depending on how powerful your microwave is. A good rule of thumb is to cook your hot dog in the microwave for 30 seconds, then check on it. If it needs more time, do this in 10-20 second intervals until it’s hot enough.
How Long to Microwave Multiple Hot Dogs?
If you’ll be cooking multiple hot dogs, just multiply the time by the number of hot dogs. For example, two hot dogs would take about a minute, while 3-4 hot dogs would take around 90 seconds.
Tips for the Perfect Microwave Hot Dog
- Start with a Quality Hot Dog: The best way to make a delicious hot dog is to use quality meat. Look for hot dogs with minimal fillings or artificial flavors. Good options include Oscar Meyer’s uncured hotdogs or Hillshire Farm’s Beef Hot Links.
- Wrap in Paper Towel: The last thing you want is for your hot dog to get dried out. To keep the meat juicy and moist, wrap the dogs in a paper towel before microwaving.
- Cook In Intervals: When cooking hotdogs in the microwave, always cook in intervals. Keep checking on the hot dogs. This avoids overheating and the risk of exploding.
- Adjust Based on the Microwave: Use less time for more powerful microwave ovens, and more time for weaker tabletop models.
- Adjust Based on Size: Jumbo hot dogs take more time than standard sizes.
- Prepare Buns Separately: In order to serve the hot dogs hot out of the microwave, get your buns ready beforehand. Preheat them in the microwave or toast them using the oven, grill or skillet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Hot Dogs Already Cooked?
Yes, hot dogs are pre-cooked, making them easily re-heatable in the microwave.
How Do You Microwave a Hot Dog Without It Exploding?
The best way to avoid an exploding hot dog is to cook in intervals. A good rule of thumb is to cook a hot dog for 30 seconds, then check on it. If it needs more time, do this in 10-20 second intervals.
Can I Microwave a Frozen Hot Dog?
Read more: Best puerto rican food in nyc
Yes, you absolutely can. Just be sure to thaw the hot dog first. You can leave the hot dog in the fridge overnight or by using the defrost setting on your microwave. After the hot dog is thawed, you can start cooking.
Can You Eat a Hot Dog Cold?
Hot dogs are fully cooked, so there’s no real harm in eating cold hot dogs. But why would you want to? They taste so much better after they’re heated up.
How to Reheat Hot Dogs in the Microwave
To reheat hotdogs in the microwave, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave in 10-second intervals until they’re heated to your liking.
You May Also Like
Read more: Best soil test kit for food plots
- 16 Best Sides for Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Chili Dog Casserole
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Best way to microwave a hot dog