This Spatchcock Roast Rooster is every part you like about juicy, roast hen with out the trouble! That is a simple one pot dinner that all the household will love, and it cooks up in about an hour!
It’s been icy chilly and wet right here, so I’ve been all concerning the consolation meals recently. Consolation meals is available in so many kinds, but it surely actually doesn’t get a lot better than a roast hen dinner does it?
I put together my sheet pan hen thighs typically in the course of the week as a result of offers the entire consolation of a leisurely Sunday dinner and it’s achieved in a fraction of the time.
This straightforward Spatchcock Roast Rooster goes even additional because it consists of a whole butterflied hen that cooks up crisp and juicy over a mattress of potatoes and greens in about one hour. For those who’re fortunate, you’ll even have leftovers.
Winner winner, hen dinner! 🙂
Spatchcocking isn’t only for hen! Be sure you attempt my spatchcock turkey subsequent Thanksgiving. It cooks as much as juicy, golden brown perfection each single time in about an hour and a half!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Spatchcock roast hen is completely golden brown and crispy with tender, caramelized potatoes and root greens that cooks up in a single pot in about one hour!
- There’s minimal prep concerned, and most of it might be achieved upfront.
- It’s a household pleasant dinner that’s additionally elegant sufficient for entertaining.
- This meal is of course gluten free.
This spatchcock roast hen recipe consists of easy components which may be personalized with what you have already got readily available.
- Rooster. Use an entire 3.5- 4 lb. entire hen for this recipe. Professional tip: save your self a step and ask your butcher to spatchcock your hen for you!
- Smoked paprika. The hen is solely seasoned with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. You possibly can definitely substitute it along with your favourite seasoning or dry rub.
- Root greens. Be sure you use good, hardy greens that received’t prepare dinner up too rapidly on this recipe. I used a mixture of child potatoes, carrots, parsnips and fennel, however be happy to substitute along with your favourite. See my roasted root greens recipe for a whole listing of viable choices.
- Thyme. Substitute the thyme along with your favourite herbs resembling rosemary, oregano or herbs de provence.
Easy methods to make this recipe
This spatchcock roast hen recipe is totally straightforward to make, and a lot of the prep could also be achieved upfront.
Begin by spatchcocking the recipeSee my submit on Easy methods to Spatchcock a Rooster for step-by-step directions. Professional tip: You are able to do this step 1-2 days upfront, or ask your butcher to do it for you!
The carrots, parsnips and fennel could also be prepped upfront. Professional tip: Use small child potatoes as they’re the proper measurement — simply add them to the greens and toss with the oil and herbs.
- Spatchcock the hen, then loosen the pores and skin over the breast meat. Mix the smoked paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil, and rub it beneath the pores and skin over the breast meat, then all around the hen. Place the spatchcock hen within the forged iron skillet (a rimmed sheet works completely too), and permit to take a seat out at room temperature for 15-Half-hour.
- Toss the greens with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, and place within the skillet across the hen. Roast for 45 minutes to at least one hour at 400 levels, relying on the burden of your hen, or till a thermometer inserted into the thickest a part of the thigh registers at 165 levels.
- Professional tip: Spatchcock your hen upfront or ask your butcher to do it for you!
- A 3-4 lb. hen works completely for this spatchcock roast hen recipe. Cooking time will depend on the burden of your hen and your oven temperature (all of them range). Examine the temperature after 45 minutes of cooking time and baste the greens with the hen juices if essential to maintain from burning.
- If the hen browns too rapidly, cowl with foil for the rest of the cooking time.
- Change up this recipe utilizing your favourite potatoes or greens, or attempt completely different spice rubs, herbs, garlic and citrus! Professional tip: Use child potatoes as they’re the proper measurement!
Extra hen recipes you’ll love:
- Rooster enchiladas
- Traditional roast hen recipe by Delish
- Grilled BBQ hen
- Prompt pot hen and rice
For those who make this recipe I’d love to listen to from you! Go away a remark and score under, or tag me @flavorthemoments on Instagram!
Sharing is caring!