This recipe is from the Ball Blue Ebook.
Need Cream of Tomato soup? Once you go to warmth this for serving, stir in ⅓ cup of SOS combine per pint / half-litre jar.
Tomato soup from home-canned tomato sauce
Spicy Tomato-Vegetable Soup
Zesty Tomato Soup
Should you want to double or triple the batch, do the maths first on paper.
Jar dimension decisions: Both half-litre (pint) jars OR litre (quart) jars
Read more: how to make lentil soup at home
Processing technique: Both water-bath or steam canning
Yield: 4 x litre (quart) jars
Headspace: 2 cm (½ inch)
Processing time: Each dimension jars, half-litre (pint) and litre (quart), for 40 minutes. Regulate time for altitude when over 300 metres / 1000 toes. Don’t steam can in case your adjusted processing time would go over 45 minutes, as a result of some less-expensive steam canner fashions can’t maintain sufficient water.
Easy methods to water bathtub course of.
When water-bath canning or steam canning, you will need to modify the processing time to your altitude.
Easy methods to steam can.
For salt substitute, Herbamare Sodium-Free was used as it’s non-bitter and non-clouding.
- For the tomatoes, you need to use any sort of tomato.
- For the massive pot, we used the Presto 16 quart stress cooker / canner (simply as a daily pot.)
- You have to about 10 quarts of tomatoes, measured after coring and chopping. If in case you have tomatoes to work with which might be on the massive aspect, that quantity measurement could go to 12 quarts.
- This recipe is a type of recipes — you realize the type — which requires 4 tablespoons of tomato paste which, annoyingly, is nearly half of a normal sized tin of about 8 tablespoons. Why they couldn’t configure the recipe to make use of the entire tin they made you open is past us.
- The recipe means that your bell pepper be purple, however utilizing an orange or a inexperienced one probably wouldn’t shatter the universe.
- As an alternative of two cloves of garlic, you possibly can use 1 teaspoon of minced garlic from a bottle of minced garlic.
- It is going to take about 30 to 40 minutes earlier than the combination involves its first boil, earlier than you can begin timing the primary simmering time.
- The salt could be omitted, if you want. It’s there for seasoning, not security.
- Don’t skip the lemon juice/citric acid, or warmth processing of the jars. These issues are there for security.
- Don’t add any extra veg; don’t add further veg equivalent to celery and so on. That might decrease the acidity degree that they’ve examined to make sure that that is secure sufficient to can and not using a stress canner.
- You’ll be able to safely add dry seasoning equivalent to herbs.
Read more: how to get funding for a soup kitchen
Ball Blue Ebook. Muncie, Indiana: Healthmark LLC / Jarden Residence Manufacturers. Version 37. 2014. Web page 35.
- Added seasoning solutions together with salt sub and different dried seasonings.
Per 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 0z
- 76 energy, 443 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 2 factors
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints®: 3 factors
With out salt, sodium is 16 mg per cup
* Diet information supplied by MyFitnessPal
* PointsPlus™ and SmartPoints™ calculated by familycuisine.internet. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® Worldwide, Inc, which is the proprietor of the PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® registered emblems.
Read more: how to make turkey soup without the carcass