Soy sauce chicken is quick, easy, and full of flavor. It’s a 3-ingredient recipe that we reach for whenever we don’t feel like cooking. The chicken thighs stay juicy and tender and the flavor goes well with most side dishes. You’ll love it!
What is soy sauce chicken
- Our most reached for I-don’t-feel-like-cooking recipe.
- So easy that it’s a little embarrassing to call this a recipe.
- Amazingly flavorful.
- Super versatile. We’ve served this with everything from Greek salad to Thai curry. (Seriously, just try slicing this chicken and putting some on top of your curry. You’ll never look back.)
- Made with 3 ingredients that we ALWAYS seem to have in our fridge, freezer, and pantry.
What kind of chicken do I need to make this recipe?
Boneless chicken thighs. Most chicken recipes are pretty flexible and you can switch one cut for another by simply adjusting the cooking time. But for this one, we need boneless chicken thighs.
Both bone-in thighs and chicken breasts take longer to cook. And the longer cooking time means that the soy sauce will burn before the chicken is cooked. So for this recipe, it’s best to stick with boneless thighs.
READ MORE: Cilantro Lime Chicken
What is in soy sauce chicken marinade
Most chicken marinades call for oil, some sort of acid like vinegar or lemon juice, and some herbs/garlic/salt to flavor. But soy sauce is so flavorful that it can handle the job all by itself.
This is a 1-ingredient chicken marinade: soy sauce.
What to serve with soy sauce chicken
Don’t get stuck thinking that this recipe should be served with an Asian-style side dish. The flavor goes well with so many recipes. Our favorites are our Best Greek Salad and Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic. Other sides that we love with this are:
- Roasted Asparagus
- Quick Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Easy Asian Coleslaw
- Simple Cauliflower Rice
And if you’re feeling hungry, add one of these:
- Perfect Basmati Rice
- Boursin Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Smoky Roast Potatoes
Easy Chicken Recipes
- Cashew Chicken
- Peanut Butter Chicken
- Tangy Lemon Chicken
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Honey Garlic Chicken