This tomato spinach chicken pasta recipe is delicious with tender pan-fried chicken nestled in a creamy tomato spinach sauce. It’s quick and easy for busy weeknights!
This dish is perfect for when you want something delicious and comforting but also fairly healthy.
I use both tomato paste and tomato sauce in this recipe so the creamy tomato sauce shines and the tomato flavor really pops!
How to make chicken spinach tomato pasta (overview):
For this recipe, you start by pan-frying the chicken in a skillet. Cook it for about 5-6 minutes/side or until it’s cooked through and golden. You then take it out of the pan and make the sauce. While the sauce is simmering, you cut the chicken into strips. The dish is then finished by adding some fresh spinach and the chicken to the sauce, letting it warm through, and tossing it with the pasta. (Full ingredients & instructions are in the recipe card below)
Recipe notes & tips:
- It can sometimes be hard to tell when chicken is done, and in a recipe like this, chicken can go from underdone to overdone very quickly. I use an instant read thermometer to easily tell when chicken is done. Chicken is safe to eat at 165F (keep in mind that the temperature will rise for a bit even after you stop cooking it).
- Can I sub the cream for something else? There’s a good chance that the acidity of the tomatoes will curdle the sauce if you use something with a lower fat content than heavy cream, so I recommend sticking with it if you do give this recipe a try.
- Use whatever shape of pasta you prefer/you’ve got on hand.
More tasty recipes to try:
- Tomato Spinach White Wine Chicken
- Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken
- Spicy Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Feta Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Chicken
Will you give this chicken spinach tomato pasta try? Questions about this recipe? Give me a shout in the comments below!